Used 2005 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews - 125 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Jeep Wrangler

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

None better.
By tyrus

2005 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

The Jeep TJ is possibly the finest American vehicle ever produced. I will be a Jeep owner for life. I live in the city and have absolutely no problem fitting my Jeep into any parking situation. I also spend a great deal of time in the North Georgia mountains, where I would not want to have any other vehicle.

Powerful engine. Great design... keeps its military roots (meaning, most everything is functional rather than aesthetic decoration). The most capable vehicle on the market... bar none. Amazingly adaptable vehicle.

There has to be a way to make the windows on the soft-top scratch resistant. Also, I would like to see sliding (side) windows for my hard-top. Some sort of "quick disconnect and relocation" for the mirrors when I want to cruise without the doors.

I like my Wrangler
By Jmiville

2005 Jeep Wrangler X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought an 05 Wrangler used...I guess...it only had 3,000 miles on it. I traded in an 03 VW Golf. Sure, the gas mileage is very different, but on 80 degree plus days with the top down and the doors off, I somehow seem not to mind. My friends have Wranglers, and said the first New England winter where I pass some poor soul on the side of the road in a Golf who cant handle the snow on the roads will only make me smile as I pull him along with the jeep.

Soft top, 4X4 and the sound system is great.

I would say gas mileage, but I do not want to loose any power from the motor.

pretty good truck
By James

2005 Jeep Wrangler SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Jeep is fun. Great to park. Back is very small. A little hard riding but put the top down and you forget all about the ride. I would like to see a little more power out of the engine, might increase gas mileage. 6 cylinder is nice but needs more horsepower. Maybe with a stick it would be better but I got the automatic because of my wife.

Softtop.

More horsepower, smoother ride.

Best Jeep Ever
By Rob

2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the best it can get till the 2007 Unlimited comes. Drove both normal and Unlimited side by side and the ride difference was unbelievable.

Ride, fun, and open top feel.

Better fuel economy, more doors.

Keeper
By Bumski

2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my third Jeep, first Rubicon. If you are looking for a child hauling, store stopping SUV look somewhere else. This is the ultimate factory Jeep. Designed to go anywhere and return. So if your looking for an SUV for adventure, look no further! This is the perfect vehicle. It has taken me rock climbing, mud bogging, trail riding, and some fun in the snow. Never stuck, nothing broke. I'll pass this vehicle on to my kid one day.

The drivetrain is unbeatable. Strong engine, tranny, transfer case, and Dana 44s front and rear with LOCKING differentials!

The interior could use some updating.