Used 2005 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews - 124 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Jeep Wrangler

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

I like my Wrangler
By Jmiville

2005 Jeep Wrangler X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I bought an 05 Wrangler used...I guess...it only had 3,000 miles on it. I traded in an 03 VW Golf. Sure, the gas mileage is very different, but on 80 degree plus days with the top down and the doors off, I somehow seem not to mind. My friends have Wranglers, and said the first New England winter where I pass some poor soul on the side of the road in a Golf who cant handle the snow on the roads will only make me smile as I pull him along with the jeep.

Soft top, 4X4 and the sound system is great.

I would say gas mileage, but I do not want to loose any power from the motor.

pretty good truck
By James

2005 Jeep Wrangler SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Jeep is fun. Great to park. Back is very small. A little hard riding but put the top down and you forget all about the ride. I would like to see a little more power out of the engine, might increase gas mileage. 6 cylinder is nice but needs more horsepower. Maybe with a stick it would be better but I got the automatic because of my wife.

Softtop.

More horsepower, smoother ride.

Best Jeep Ever
By Rob

2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the best it can get till the 2007 Unlimited comes. Drove both normal and Unlimited side by side and the ride difference was unbelievable.

Ride, fun, and open top feel.

Better fuel economy, more doors.

Keeper
By Bumski

2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is my third Jeep, first Rubicon. If you are looking for a child hauling, store stopping SUV look somewhere else. This is the ultimate factory Jeep. Designed to go anywhere and return. So if your looking for an SUV for adventure, look no further! This is the perfect vehicle. It has taken me rock climbing, mud bogging, trail riding, and some fun in the snow. Never stuck, nothing broke. I'll pass this vehicle on to my kid one day.

The drivetrain is unbeatable. Strong engine, tranny, transfer case, and Dana 44s front and rear with LOCKING differentials!

The interior could use some updating.

beyond dangerous
By antonia nin

2005 Jeep Wrangler X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

In the past eight months that the Jeep has been with me it has had and still has these problems: abrupt vibration of the steering wheel and dash board. It feels like the Jeep is going to fall into pieces. The Jeep till this day accelerates on its own. Water gets in the vehicle and the rug smells afterwards. Under carriage is cover with rust. Rear seat would not fold down. Air conditioner vents stop working. The Jeep has been in dealer to resolve these problems but till this day most of the problems still exist.

Color,roof rack for speakers.

All.