Used 2005 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews - 124 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Jeep Wrangler

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Happy Jeep Owner
By ColJessepUSMC

2005 Jeep Wrangler X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Bought this Jeep Wrangler X with special Rocky Mountain package right out of showroom. Never been sorry. This is a head turner,all silver w/black accents. Matted to 6speed Mercedes trany,can't beat tourque. Soft top still in great shape after 4 1/2 years.Take the doors off and you never want to get out of it. Took it to Camp Jeep 2006 in stock mode. Over 3000 jeep owners and there families. What a great experience. Drove thru mud,creeks,and trails. I drive this as a daily driver,average 18mpg(mostly hwy). Don't like it??Buy a hybrid! This is for people like me who on a snowy NYC day,don't want to shovel. Engage 4wd and blast out of the parking space! Bury me in this when i die.

In Summer,fold top down and take doors off. Amazing 4wd system. Fit and finish excellent from factory. Straight 6cyl engine.(New wranglers have fake V-6,too bad!!) Whats not to love about this vehicle?

Bring back Camp Jeep. Chrysler,Are you listening??

Its a Jeep
By Jeepster0202

2005 Jeep Wrangler X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

After 3 other jeeps, my fourth will be my last of the newer jeeps, I traded up from a 98 to this 05, and cant get over how bad the gas mileage is, i have had all 4 cylinder jeeps and only regretted not having power, now i wish i had the mileage! Alot of Rattles in these, to many plastic pieces and clips,water leaks at body seams, and way to small. Basically if you want something fun, with for wheel drive and endless supply of aftermarket parts buy this! If you want comfort,and gas mileage this is not for you!

Fun to drive, Good lucks,Rugged, sound bar a big plus, rear folding seat, easy to park in tight spots , and can go anywhere!

Gas mileage, ride quality, way to small interior, Bulky 6 speed! Better jeep dealers the three near to me are owned by the same place and are horrible to deal with! Seems like very poor build quality, i doubt it will last like my older jeeps have, hopefully they can solve that and the gas mileage.

as expected
By rayeldon

2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I feel that it has been exactly what was expected. Fun to bop around in. I do not drive it much. Prob. 300 miles per mo. The last two mileage checks showed 12, and 13 mpg. I knew it would be horrible. Did not think it would be quite this poor. My neighbor has a newer V6, and gets much better mileage. Family raised, did not like the looks of the 4 door unlimited. Oh well.

It is a fun toy to drive. Other than this thought, it really does not have a lot to offer. Easy to find in parking lot.

The same thoughts as many, mileage improvement. They must have worked really hard to cause it to get such dismal mileage. AT appx. 4,000 mi. per yr, is the only reason I felt I could justify buying it.

wicked awesome!
By deliveryboy1

2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

My 3rd Jeep. I've owned 2 Cherokee's and I'm loving my wrangler. Nothing stops it, snow, rain, mud. I live in nh and we get a bunch of snow and I go out to drive in it for fun! Ain't great when it comes to fuel economy, but what do you expect from a 4k Pound square going down the road. Mine is stock and still keeps up with friends who have lift kits when off road.

The whole package! Comfortable for me. I'm 6,1'' I just wish the seat went back one more click. Not a big deal.

(J)ust (E)mpty (E)very (P)ocket
By RandomGuy32

2005 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Got my 3rd Jeep (1st brand new one) when I was 25 and still single. Outfitted with lift, tires, all kinds of hitches and attachments for kayaks, mountain bikes, and surfboards. Never had any problems of any kind. Fun to drive and easy to park anywhere. Awesome in both snow and the desert. Now I'm almost 30 with a pregnant wife and twins on the way and its time to move on. Just not practical to keep for 'family' adventures anymore. Not enough room for wife, kids, dog, stuff, and my toys even with all the expensive accessories. Time for a truck. Would still recommend this to anyone who's not worried about $5 gas in the near future. Lotta fun for young single guys or cool old retired dudes.

4x4, convertible, park it anywhere, ice cold a/c, the heater is toasty warm even with top down and the upgraded sound system is loud enough top down on the freeway. You can find accessories for EVERYTHING: Just Empty Every Pocket

Gas mileage & quieter with the soft top. Please build the Gladiator!!!