Used 2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV Consumer Reviews - 124 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

I finally found my car
By Karl

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've owned a G35 Coupe, a Mitsu Eclipse, an SUV, and this takes the cake. I've never had so much fun driving a car. Driving with the top down on a sunny day, I get more looks than I ever did in my fancy sports coupe. Once again, "It's a Jeep Thing". Yea the ride's a little rough, who cares?! I plan on keeping this baby for a long time.

Hard Top/Soft top option, ease of getting soft top up/down (after some practice). Powerful A/C. Love that I have a Jeep in my yuppy neighborhood of Lexus SUVs. Driving with the top down.. and the JEEP WAVE! Extra space & better handling in Unlimited is great.

ABS should be an option on ALL models, its insane they only offer it on Sport. Keep Solar Yellow color permanently. Offer some sort of armrest on the door.

Finally
By ANOTHERJOHN

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Top down. Hair blowin'. Shirt off. Senses Tingling. "Its a Jeep Thing" Finally, I bought a Jeep Wrangler, after years of yearning for one! Only thing I can say is "I", better yet, "my family LOVES IT!" With out a doubt, this is the perfect fun car, truck, SUV, whatever, for a family of four. I'm looking forward to taking a vacation to Pismo Beach, and drive the dunes to the ocean. Anyone looking for an outside toy, this is the one to buy!

SunRider top. Comfortable ride. Great looks. Easy to shift to 4 wheel drive. Fun to drive. Did I mention SunRider top!

Power driver and passenger windows.

Jeep Wrangler Review
By Eric

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've had this vehicle for a year, so far it has worked without a problem (knock on wood). Consumer Reports was disappointed with it. They were expecting a Lexus Sports Activity Vehicle with every computer enhanced stability control system. This is a vehicle designed to take a beating in the harshest environments and bring you home. It's not designed to drive you to yoga class in total comfort and burled walnut trim. The Wrangler will get you through 2 feet of snow & 2 feet of water without advanced yuppie technology. It was designed to ford water, and have 8.6" of ground clearance for off-road adventures. You can't do that in a Lexus. If you want a tough vehicle, go for the Wrangler not a Lux SUV.

There is nothing like pulling people's $55k stabili-trak SUVs out of snow banks along the Garden State Parkway. The Jeep has utility in every corner, along with a full line of accessories such as storage racks, off road lights, heavy duty tools, travel gear and more all designed for the Jeep!

Jeep should air a TV ad that shows an Infinity FX-45 going up a ski slope then sliding off the trail just as a Wrangler (which can actually climb a mountain) pulls up and winches the Fx- 45 to safety.

Unlimited Rubicon
By unlim rubicon w/6 sp

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I've only owned this vehicle for a couple of weeks but it is more than what I anticipated. Given the expected ride and noise levels of prior models the unlimited version is much quieter and rides much more smoothly. If you are in the market for a Jeep I would encourage you to go for the Unlimited Rubicon vs ANY of the others. The price differential is minimal given whta you get.

My favorite features are the smooth ride and off-roading capabilities.

The vehicle should come standard with a side bar/step to allow for ease of entry for kids.

Garbage
By Steve

2005 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This vehicle is for the off road consumer. It rides poorly on the road and feels like it jumps around when you take a turn and hit a bump. I purchased it brand new and the dash squeaks (dealership said that is how they are from the factory). You can see the spot welds on the rear quarter panels. (again ok to Jeep's standards). Weld marks on the doors not ground down, just painted over. (again ok with Jeep).

For off road use.

Poor craftsmanship and they don't care, Next year, no more 7 year warranty -- I wonder why?