Used 2005 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews - 124 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Jeep Wrangler

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

great vehicle
By kennedysaura

2005 Jeep Wrangler X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

Lots of fun around town or off-road, family enjoys local day trips when the weather is just right. Very easy to use 5-speed manual transmission, operation of interior buttons is simple and are a good size (important since the Wrangler is not the smoothest ride). I have just the hard top option, should of gone with the soft top. I was 50 miles away from my home with the top off in the middle of a rain storm. The extra noise from soft top is worth the extra freedom of Michigan weather. I very much enjoy the Wrangler and hope to have it for the next twenty years or so.

My doors have been off for about two months in a row now and it just a great open air feeling. VERY simple design, able to add on almost any accessories that money can buy from many different shops.

Side mirrors on body not doors. (I have been without side mirrors for two months also). Maybe it's my driving habits, but my stock tires are about 3/4 used up with 18,000 on them. Cost of accessories is high.

Fun in New Mexico
By Joe

2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

This is the most fun I've had with any vehicle. It is perfect for the wilds of New Mexico.

4 wheel drive, soft top, sunrider, and the ability to go anywhere.

None

2004 Jeep Wrangler Sport
By PrdAmrican

2005 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned my Wrangler Sport since October of 2004. It is without exception the most fun vehicle I have ever owned. Probably the most modifiable vehicle in existence, it can be customized to meet the owners own personality. A go anywhere vehicle that looks good getting there.

4x4, small manueverable, easy to park, variety of tops (plus you can remove it completely, lots of modifications available.

More engine options. While the 4.0 6 is more than enough for adventure, a V- 8 would make towing easier.

1st Jeep
By Dave

2005 Jeep Wrangler X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I wish i would have bought one 10 years ago! It`s fun to drive. Short and compact. I usually trade my vehicles in every two to three years. I have a feeling I may keep this Jeep for many years.

I like the old style look. I hope there are no plans to change it.

The transfer case could be raised. Fuel economy. Perhaps better seats. I would not make a long trip in this vehicle.

Great car
By Kevin

2005 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 6M)

I love this thing. Will own it til it dies. The only thing I dislike is the gas mileage. But I enjoy the vehicle thoroughly.

Convertible, ruggedness, capabilities.

They should comprimise some trunk space and put more leg room in the back seat. It's very awkward