Used 2004 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews - 286 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Jeep Wrangler

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

I Love this vehicle
By gimlet

2004 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I have owned Jeeps my whole life and people ask me why I love them so much. They complain about the ride being too rough and it eating too much fuel. To me, however, a vehicle should be practical and fun to drive and that is what I love about the Jeep Wrangler; they are awesome off-road, sporty enough to drive around town, not to mention there are myriad configurations for the roof which is awesome since I live in Hawaii. But the thing I love the most is the fact that they haven't changed all that much in the past, once again proving the old mantra "if it aint broke don't fix it."

Versatility.

Perhaps one of those built in thermometers and if you could customize it more straight off the lot.

I have loved all of mine
By jmc19117

2004 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

If you are looking for a car that is great on gas, silent, & not bumpy then pass on the Wrangler. If you like to have fun, get through almost anything & have a blast doing so then this is the one for you! I am a female & do not find it difficult to get the soft top on or off. Have not had a hard time with it in any sort of commuting. Easy to travel in also. Have taken it up & down the East Coast.

Soft top.

That is come standard with plastic liners for the floors. I had to buy myself but was wise investment. They help out in wet /sandy / muddy conditions.

Unlimited Offroad
By Vinnie

2004 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

My third Jeep without a single problem. The offroad capabilities are second to none. I drive on black diamond trails. The trails only a Jeep can handle. The Unlimited Wrangler has a smooth ride and handles well on the road. I would recommend to anyone.

Removable doors and top for summer driving.

Could use a navigation system.

Jeep Owner X3
By Gary

2004 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

This is the 2nd Jeep Wrangler I have owned. The 1st was a 97 Wrangler Sahara which I gave to my son. I purchased the 04 Rubicon because it had a 5 speed. Other than a little rougher ride than the Sahara, I am totally blown away by the Rubicon. The thing people need to know about a Jeep is that it is a real SUV. If you're looking for the smooth quiet ride, it's not for you. If you want a real 4x4 capable of going anywhere, built in the USA, that holds resale value, and is a blast to drive; this is it. The wife drives an 03 Liberty Ltd, so when we need 4 doors and have a passenger or two we use it. Like they say; "It's a Jeep thing...."

Everything on the Rubicon is darn near standard, though this one did come with the dual top option.

Wish the seats sat higher, though there is an aftermarket kit available. And you'd think Chrysler would have listened and put a "dead pedal" for the left foot. Guess they just figured why change a winning package.

2004 Rubicon
By Dean

2004 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Love the Jeep and dual top group, easy to work on and with the lockers this thing will go anywhere. Lifted it up 6" and added some 35" tires. The new suspension lift actually makes it ride better than stock. The Rubicon is the model to buy. Love the 7 speaker sound system.

Lockers Dana 44's with 4.10 gearing. Style and appearance.

Tires (MT/R) ride terrible on and off road