Used 2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Consumer Reviews - 286 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

First Wrangler, Unlimited is perfect!
By miahkettle

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

I previously owned a KJ and put 266K miles on it. I purchased an LJ (Unlimited Wrangler) because I always wanted a Wrangler but it just wasn't practical until now. This Jeep is great off road and bearable on. I took this Jeep to Paragon off road park and could not believe what it could muster being stock with a longer wheelbase. This Jeep is perfect for business during the week and wheeling on the weekends!

Sunrider top, more storage room, AT, cruise control, CD player with subwoofer.

Offset wheels for easy tire upgrade without purchasing new wheels.

Outstanding
By Roger

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

The Wrangler is a great vehicle that can go places one never thought a vehicle could go. Up hill, over rocks and through rivers. Very tough and dependable.

4 wheel drive, towable with all 4 wheels down behind my motor home. Convertible top and hardtop.

A V8 would be nice but the standard 6 isn't bad.

Rubicon after two years.....
By AZ Rock Rider

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Still very impressed with my Jeep. I lifted 3" (Rubicon Express) and put all sorts of plates underneath. Other than that it is stock and so far has gone everywhere I wanted to go. I have been on several 4 rated trails and have never been stuck. The lockers are great! I have only had one small mechanical problem with the front locker and the dealer fixed it in one day.

Looks, capability of vehicle. If I want to go somewhere way of the beaten path, I can.

Gas mileage. Don't go way off road with out extra gas!

Jeep Fan
By unlimited

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This is my third Jeep, and I'm planning on trading in my current Jeep and buying the 2007 Jeep Wrangler Unlimited this Fall. A Jeep is not a metal box on wheels, its a reflection on life and its pleasures.

The ability to 'feel' the road.

Continued research in quieting the soft-top model.

Love my Jeep
By Jeep Wave

2004 Jeep Wrangler SUV Unlimited 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 4A)

The Jeep Wrangler Unlimited is extremely fun to drive and the little extra cargo room the Unlimited offers goes a long way. I plan to get a 3" lift and put some 34" tires on...which the wife is against but what does she know. Mine came with a grille guard and fog lights which look very nice.

It goes anywhere! This thing cuts through mud like its nothin...freakin awesome! The 7 speaker system is loud and sounds crisp. Extra cargo room is nice.

The air box/intake is very restrictive which doesn't help its poor fuel economy. Why not make the engine preform better at the factory? i.e. a better stock air intake system. Other than that the Jeep Wrangler is perfect for me.