Used 2003 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews - 110 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2003 Jeep Wrangler

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

LOVIN IT!
By adam

2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

There is nothing like driving a Jeep! The Sport is amazing! There are countless clubs and everyone in a Jeep is part of the family. I will never be without a Wrangler in my driveway for the rest of my life, for those of you who don't have one yet, it's a Jeep thing, you wouldn't understand! ;)

Ability to customize everything, looks, off-road capability, the family that comes only with a Wrangler

Paint, very "squirrely" on the road, traction needs improved on, gas mileage, transmission knocks for some reason right out of factory and said it is normal. I am a mechanic and I don't know why it does that

Rubicon
By mattv

2003 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I bought the Jeep back in January of 2007. It was not to a few little dings and soft top. I got it in Georgia and I dorve it to North Carolina and latter to Colorado. The thing gets about 18 to 20 mpg on the highway and 15 in town. Right now it has about 90,000 miles on it. The only problem I have had is the trakbar on the front axle. I have had to replace it twice but it happened within 5000 miles of each time it went out and the dealer replaced it free of charge the second time. The stock front bumper is a piece of junk also. I got a tube bumper that looks great and I am going to drive it back to North Carolina when I get back from my deployment.

Rubicon edition no other jeeps compare to what you get stock. The gas mileage is great for a jeep. between 18-20 on the highway.

The trak bars are not that great which I have heard of that as a problem on the TJs. The stock bumper is a piece of junk.

Best Jeep yet
By raiderdave

2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I had a '83 CJ7 that was bulletproof, and was great to drive. My '03 Jeep, is just as reliable and great to drive, with more comforts of my '83. The fuel economy isn't great, but if I wanted that, I would've bought a Toyota.

The interior features and comfort

Come with a 3-4" factory lift.

Can't wait!
By sailormom

2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Posting this comment to those who might be shopping for a jeep also. Have wanted one since I was 16 and now I am 41--been driving and paying for a Honda Accord for the last 5 yrs and can't wait to trade for a loud, bumpy, "wind in my face" jeep! Might have to work a 2nd job to pay for the jeep's drinking problem, but you won't here me complaining when my husband, Aussie, and I go to N Ga camping and hiking. We are going to get dirty,have dog hair everywhere and a smile on our faces! Thanks for all the consumer reviews-helps a lot in my decision to trade the Honda to a whining jeep owner.

Everything!

Don't buy one just to keep up w/your neighbors - it's a jeep thing!!

All you need in a Jeep
By Trent Ford

2003 Jeep Wrangler X 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

Bought the Wrangler brand new in '03 and have never, ever changed anything on it. Seriously, since driving it off the lot, it has not been back to the dealer. Even still has original brakes. I did change out the tires for 38" last year. Great reliability!

Security in the snow; fun in the sun

Horrible gas mileage; needs to come with 27" tires stock