Used 2001 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews - 54 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2001 Jeep Wrangler

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Super Reliable and Fun Vehicle
By Overgaardman

2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

What a great vehicle! This thing is fun and totally reliable. I have over 51,000 mile on it and it even has the original battery!! In Arizona about 3 years is the normal life for a battery. I read consumer report which of course finds this to be a CRUDE SUV. These people just don't get it. I love this thing and it goes everywhere. I also owned a Maita and now a BMW Z4 and Chev Truck and Yamaha FJR 1300 as well, but the Jeep is just more lovable and will go anywhere. I have owned Honda's, Toyota's (Tundra--bad truck)and many others and the Jeep is more reliable. What it does need is a better radio as the one that come with it is poor at best. Wonderful Vehicle to enjoy!

Short Steering Radius. Wonderful off road capabilities. Easy to park in the city. Reliability. The Crudeness and lack of pretension-- Yes This is a Positive!! FUN FUN FUN!

Needs better Radio. Original tires cupped badly. Replaced them with Wrangler Silent Armor and these are great tires. Easier top down operation would be great.

It's a Jeep Thing
By Scott3249

2001 Jeep Wrangler SE 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (2.5L 4cyl 5M)

Got this Wrangler in July of 2001 after my 98 Wrangler got total. Was surprise at the improvements to the top. Great SUV, not gonna win any MPG awards, but hey its a Jeep. I've put close to 90k miles on it and just replaced the radiator, was my fault for not flushing it out. Has been been a great jeep.

Are you kidding me. Just an all around fun drive. Nothing like taking the top off and driving on a nice summer day.

Upgrade your wheels and tires to make it look a little better. Other than that. Nothing.

2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD
By Deb Shaw

2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I always wanted a Jeep Wrangler. Now that I have one, I realize why I always wanted one. It is a blast to drive, especially with the top down and with the dogs harnessed in. It has so much response to it. I don't have to guess if there's "Enough time to pass this guy". The A/C rocks. The sound bar / system also rocks. I wish it got better mileage though. I get between 14-16 running around town, but never got more than 17.1 on a 500 mile trip. Oh well. I highly recommend it to anyone who wants to have a "Fun" vehicle. My husband & I never take it off-road. It is fantastic in snow though. It is really put together sturdy

Sporty, Powerful, Fun to drive, Great A/C / Heater, versatile

Maybe better gearing for improved Fuel economy.

Love Wranglers, Can't Afford Fixing it
By Keith

2001 Jeep Wrangler Sport 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

I love my 2001 Wrangler as a vehicle that is great in the snow, mud or even on road. Top on or off it is the best vehicle for all situations. Anything i throw at it, it takes it like nothing i have ever drove. Stock height with 31x10.5R15 made it a blast for any trail navigation i wanted to take it through. I could drive circles around most the huge trucks and even other suv's like a lifted Cherokee (not so much a lifted titan on 34's.

Great stock height, nice to have an convertible. Great in unexpected snow or off road situations.

Fun to drive
By jroads

2001 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 4WD 2dr Convertible SUV (4.0L 6cyl 5M)

This car has been fun to drive. As for being an "SUV", it sure doesn't drive like one, is very maneuverable, and a breeze to park about anywhere. Where it DOES match an SUV is gas mileage. I've had no major problems with it to date, and enjoy every drive I take.

Easy to park, convertible.

Someone please design a console that fits in the front like older Wranglers had. Need a place to store change, CDs, etc.