Used 1998 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews - 57 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1998 Jeep Wrangler

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Fun in the Sun
By Vlad

1998 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

Bought a Jeep 2 years ago in Philly where lived. I love to put my soft top down in the summer months, love to drive in the snow - its so much fun. Recently i have moved to Miami, and now i can have my soft top down all year round because it's always nice weather here. Recently I drove my Jeep with the top down on the sand on the beach; it was so much fun. If you live near the beach, try it you will not be disappointed.

Top down. Big tires, sound that the Jeep makes, love the stick shift, the aftermarket stereo with Infinity speakers and a subwoofer. And just the way the Jeep Wrangler LOOKS.

Gas mileage and that's it.

Great, but expensive to drive.
By Dean

1998 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

Everything is great on this vehicle. Drive it without dogging it, or beating the crap out of it everywhere you go, and it will last a long time without major repairs. The only downside is the HORRIBLE GAS MILEAGE! 15mpg if you're lucky.

The interior.

More MPG! A soft top that doesn't take 15 minutes to put back on.

Dad's Jeep
By Chuck

1998 Jeep Wrangler SE 2dr SUV 4WD

This is the most fun vehicle I've ever owned. I drove it from Virginia to Idaho in 4 days and had no problems. Well, with the soft top it did get kinda loud.

Riding with the top off and getting caught in a thunderstorm and getting soaked. My wife and I were laughing like kids.

review
By jakestertsu19

1998 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

I'm very happy with my Jeep . I can't wait for it to get warm outside and iI can take the top off. I've always wanted to do that and now I can. Overall I'm very happy with the Jeep .

The top coming off, how simple it is, and the overall look of the vehicle.

None at this time.

My favorite Wrangler ... so far!
By MSJEEPGUY

1998 Jeep Wrangler SE 2dr SUV 4WD

I've owned several Wranglers, including the new Unlimited, and while the '98 is the oldest (and most experienced) ... so far, it's my favorite. The 2.5L 4 fits me better than the previous 4.0L engines, and this one is also my first with a manual tranny. Aside from a bit more road noise (a great excuse to add a "monster" audio system) than my other Jeeps, I have no complaints. The economy of the 4 cylinder is fine for me. It's a fun little utility vehicle, and I guess I've been lucky, but I've had no mechanical issues with any of the Wranglers I've owned, putting a collective 150,000 miles on them. I'll never be without a Wrangler as long as I live.

Uniqueness, utility, just all-around fun! The ability to customize just about every aspect of the vehicle, to make it "uniquely yours".

None ... don't mess with the classic styling.