Used 1997 Jeep Wrangler Consumer Reviews - 72 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

1997 Jeep Wrangler

View reviews for a specific Wrangler model:

Good car
By Jeremy

1997 Jeep Wrangler SE 2dr SUV 4WD

I've had it about a year now and I love it. Everyone in my high school is jealous because they can't do anything near what I can. Sitting on 35" tires and a 4 inch lift kit it's unstoppable.

design, front axle, air system, and convertible top

Needs a better stock rear axle.

Its a JEEP thing(you wouldnt understand)
By JEEP MAN

1997 Jeep Wrangler Sport 2dr SUV 4WD

I LOVE my Jeep..got a kick out of the last review i read about a guys jeep with a bad tranny..mine has 198000 miles on it and have NEVER had a transmission problem. I live in Georgia and ole Blacky will go anywhere i want it to go.It is after all a hummer rescue vehicle..My jeep has had 2 problems in all the years and miles i've put on it.,I had to have brushes put in the alternator,and i replaced the seal in the steering box once.It dosen't have a lift kit on it and i run 1050s on it..When i first got it it was one of about 6 or 7 jeeps in my area of NW Georgia.Now Jeeps are EVERYWHERE.and mine still looks the best..LOL..want a great reliable FUN vehicle?? Buy a JEEP

Looks,soft top(the round headlights) the name JEEP.the 4.0 is strong and a great engine

stop making the 4 door buses an calling them jeeps

great jeep
By wrangler4x4me2003

1997 Jeep Wrangler SE 2dr SUV 4WD

Always owned a Jeep, cj7, yj, and Cherokee. But never thought of owning a tj. Once bought I love it right away. Great performance, strong, comfortable, great in the snow, and smooth driving down the hwy, even great on the offroad. I would buy one again if anything Major happens.

convertible, comfort, style, repairing,

nothen.

New owner
By Mr. "D"

1997 Jeep Wrangler Sahara 2dr SUV 4WD

I just replaced my 2003 Jeep Liberty for a 97 Sahara and I don't regret it. I enjoy driving a little more and can't wait to find where to store its hardtop so that I can enjoy its soft top and go topless on weekends to enjoy Puerto Rico's year-around tropical weather. I am considering a 4" lift and some 33s, but I fear affecting the MPGs too much. I might just get some traction tires for the Rubicon 16" rims it has now add a header, a KN intake and call it Christmas. Other than that just some TLC a nice carpet and catch me if you can.

Better fuel economy on the 4.0L than the 3.8L Liberty. That "Wanna get fresh" (being topless and dirty) personality that it has. Just like I like my women. :D

I don't know enough about mechanics to suggest. I did consider an eight cylinder CJ-7 before this one. Maybe a little more punch under the hood would be nice.

love it ? hell yeah !!!
By 0llll0

1997 Jeep Wrangler SE 2dr SUV 4WD

I bought this used 1997 Jeep wrangler se with the little 2.5 and a five speed man. Trans.. A little over 3 years ago the money was well spent. And I say that with a smile. Have put about 5 grand into it for the suspension and wheels soft top 33" tires with a 4" lift .. Have to remind myself its not a sports car and the gas mileage is Rather good. Will I buy another Jeep. Hell yes.

the go any where feeling . that turn on a dime. and easy parking (short wheel base) the style of the jeep hasn't changed much

fuel consumption for the 2.5 its rather harsh. seating isn't very comfortable. and isn't very roomy.