Used 2015 Jeep Patriot Consumer Reviews - 38 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2015 Jeep Patriot Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:

Easily the best car I've ever owned!
By Michael Gallegos

2015 Jeep Patriot High Altitude Edition 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

As a kid, I always loved the 90s Cherokee's, so when I saw the Patriot (once I was older) I fell in love. I did a lot of research, test drives, reading reviews, watching just about every video on Youtube, and I have a few pointers. Absolutely, buy the 2.4L engine. It makes a world of difference, the 2.0L feels like it'll tip over and is slower. The 2.4 is much more sturdy and has better acceleration. Also, avoid the first few years of the Patriot models. Jeep had a long time period between the early 2000s to around 2010 or so where the vehicles they were producing were junky and unreliable, which gave them the bad reputation you may hear about. I have a 2015 and it's amazing, so I would recommend a 15 or newer just to be safe. I feel very safe and powerful inside it and the acceleration is suprisingly really good. There were a few negative reviews about the sunroofs leaking, but I'm guessing that Jeep recalled that and fixed it, because mine hasn't leaked once yet, depsite me buying it during monsoon season. It handles great off road and through water as well as on the street. I read a lot of bad reviews, but I noticed that almost all those reviews were from people renting the car for about one day, which absolutely doesn't give you enough time to write a quality review. Frankly, the only downside to the Patriot is the gas milage is pretty bad, because the tank is small; causing you to fill up frequently. Also, the cabin is fairly narrow-ish, which can sometimes feel cramped if you're maybe very tall. I'm 5'10" and I feel very comfortable in it, but I can understand why maybe someone wouldn't, at least for long periods at a time. Still though, buying this car was the right choice, and I'm so glad I got it!

2015 patriot latitude
By Valady

2015 Jeep Patriot Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

As soon as my warranty ran out the passenger side speakers stopped working, the front windows sometimes didnt want to roll up, something was going on with the transmission and the engine aquired a rattle. This car was only 3 yrs old, 59,000 miles. I traded it before I had to put a load of money in it. Loved the auto start and heated seats. Traded for a cherokee that rides so much better. Also a 4x4. Lots of room in it. Hope these problems arent on other patriots!

Used to love the Jeep brand...not so much anymore.
By Michele

2015 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased a new 2015 Jeep Patriot (9 miles on it when I left the lot with it). Last summer, while driving at 40 mph, it stalled out. RPM gauge dropped off to zero. The power came back within seconds. Didn't think much of it at the time and it didn't do it again for 6 months. Now it does it nonstop---every stop light, railroad crossing, etc. I've had it at my dealership 3 times for the same issue. This time they have had it for 2 months, the couldn't figure out what is wrong with it, so they have contacted the TECHS at Chrysler for ideas. They cant seem to help either. After having this problem, I hit Google. I'm not alone. The Patriots have been recalled multiple years for the same issue. Just not the 2015's....at least not yet.

2015 Patriot
By S. McElwain

2015 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my 4WD Patriot to have after my knee replacement surgery. It was easy to get in and out of and this is true for when my back goes out. I don’t “fall into” the drivers seat because it isn’t low and I don’t have to pull myself out of it. I love my Patriot

mid size mid review
By cathy johns

2015 Jeep Patriot Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

didnt want all the bells and whistles then have too many issues with them love the plain jane