Used 2014 Jeep Patriot Consumer Reviews - 39 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Jeep Patriot Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:

Ready when I am and has never failed me
By C. Bell

2014 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased this vehicle without much research. I have been surprised by its reliability in all weather and road conditions. The 4WD has allowed to me to traverse pretty steep snowy rutted dirt roads (I lived in a rural area) without issue. I wouldn't say you could use it for off-roading, but the vehicle got me home during snowy weather. The traction control has come into play a few times. I have been careful to take in for routine maintenance. So far I have had no mechanical or electrical issues at all. The acceleration is the only thing I would improve.

Update on 2014 Jeep Patriot AWD 4X4 2.4L A6
By Brogue2014

2014 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Don't listen to any bad reviews. I still love this Jeep. This is my fourth Jeep and it does good in bad weather and city driving. Long trips are ok. Mpg is better than my old Jeep. I got this one for just under 12k and it has the power group and all other add-ons just like a Lattitude except for heated seats and navigation group. I don't need those anyway. I compaired this to the used Toyota Rav4 and found I would have to compromise a higher cost and more mileage for the same year. The newer ones were too expensive. The differences between the two are brand name only. The Patriot does good on every aspect so far after driving it for over eight hours on a trip this week. Mpg is 10 mpg better city driving than my old JGCH I traded in. Highway driving is aroung 28 to 30 mpg on the freeway. The steering is great and I can make long trips and not get tired trying to fight the wind or weather. Did some hydroplaning during a heavy rain storm at freeway speed and it did not lose traction. Big hills are no problem for the 2.4L A6. Cargo room is no problem.

Traded up to this Jeep from a Jeep
By Brogue1999@gmail.com

2014 Jeep Patriot Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

I have the 2014 2.4L 4wd Sport with all options for that model and not the Lattitude listed. I traded from a 1999 JGCH. I needed better mpg for long trips to visit family. My old Jeep just got most everything fixed on it, but I felt stressed on a recent long trip down south. I picked the 2014 Jeep Patriot due to mpg and trade in value for my old jeep as well as features I needed on a newer Jeep. My old Jeep Grand Cherokee got 18 mpg on a good day. It was in very good condition. The Patriot so far is what I expected since this is my fourth Jeep. The engine and transmission do great in the North Woods and on the highway at higher speeds. I have yet to see how it performs in bad weather or during the winter. I expect the all time four wheel drive to be just as good as any other type from my previous jeeps. Interior is like new and this one has low miles. Road noise and wind noise seem quiet. I expect to get around maybe 22 or better in city driving, and 28 or so highway. Listed as 11900 but ended up at 20k with financing and extra gap and coverages. Final cost on paper only drawback, but it should help save on mpg and any big repairs to worry about with old jeep.

A winner all around
By Coastdude

2014 Jeep Patriot Latitude 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 6A)

Like so many other owners on here, I too am exceptionally happy with my Jeep Patriot. I have two relatives that own Patriots, so I knew exactly what I was getting. Didn't think I would ever part with my GMC Yukon, but I'm single, and an empty nester so I really don't need to roar around in a big V8 SUV anymore. The Patriot is more modern and practical, and meets all my needs perfectly. The cabin is laid out very logically. Stereo, lighting, and temp controls work great. The moonroof helps give it a more spacious feeling. I don't care about backseat comfort but it doesn't look too bad. Runs and drives wonderfully around town and there's plenty of pep for the highway. A couple of taps over to manual mode, and hills are no problem. We get every kind of weather on the Oregon Coast, and this little machine is perfect for zipping over to the valley or up to the city in rain, wind, darkness, and snow.

Worst car I have ever owned! It deserves 0 stars.
By Kyle N.

2014 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

Had my 2014 Jeep Patriot for just over 18 months. Started hearing a noise when accelerating. The throw out bearing and clutch went out. Replaced them. Cost me $1600 because it was no covered under warranty despite the throw out bearings being a known issue. Got it back, noise was even worse. Car would vibrate intensely at high speeds. Took it back again, this time they said it was the transmission. It was defective. Dealerships all over town are telling me 5 week wait for diagnostic! I absolutely HATE Jeeps now and will never deal with Chrysler again. Definitely bottom of the barrel as far as American made vehicles.