Used 2010 Jeep Patriot SUV Consumer Reviews - 34 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2010 Jeep Patriot SUV

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:

Only family car for tall families < $20K
By fishgutz

2010 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.0L 4cyl 5M)

This is the only family car you will find under $20K, gets 39 MPG highway even though rating is 25, and that fits a 6'3" teenager behind a 5'10" adult. Very impressive response from the 2.4 L and CVT. I like it. So does the wife. It will be her primary vehicle. More room and better fuel economy than our 1999 Cherokee. I would have no problem recommending this to anyone.

Deceptively roomy. You have spend a lot more to get this much room from any other car maker.

Include the cargo cover on all trim level.

Sorry I purchased a Patriot
By Amber

2010 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I decided to purchase the car because of the style and Jeep name. I received a 3K rebate and was so happy. I had ignored the first Edmunds review re: cheap interior. Car drove fine first few days when I noticed I was low on gas. This continued where I was filling up twice weekly and barely getting 20mpg. My tank would only hold 10 gallons. No one believes this and now I have to go to the dealer to check this out. After reading another review, I now believe this is a malfunctioning fuel gauge. After my purchase I see that Edmunds has updated with a more scathing review of the Patriot. I wish I had read that one prior to purchase. Buyers remorse? You betcha!

Silver color. Body style. Lit cup holders.

Bigger gas tank.

Repeat Owner
By Jinx

2010 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my 2nd Patriot. I bought my first in 7/07 brand new. I loved the classic Cherokee body style. It is also the roomiest SUV with the best MPG at the best price. I couldn't resist buying a new one and I couldn't see myself driving anything else. I love my Patriot and as long as they keep making it I will keep buying it!

Privacy glass, the taller tires on the new model, the chrome finishes, the price.

Would like to see a few more standard features.

Great American Value
By AK

2010 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I purchased an optic green sport model with 4x4 and FDI.Just broke first 1000 miles.I love a new updated interior with illuminated cup holders,more comfortable headrests and round chrome accent air vents.Our adventure didn't start the way I expected from a brand new vehicle.I had to wait 10 days for a dealership to fix an A/C line that was leaking freon that had to be ordered from factory in Detroit.Other than that,this is a great vehicle for its price.I love autostick option, very handy when driving on mountain roads.There is not that much of a road noise as described by editors.Turning radius is great so as maneuvering.Even though the interior is all plastic but it's pretty durable.

Height adjustable seat, sliding armrest, folding/tilting 40/60 rear seat, color choices.

Wish fog lights, on-board computer, roof cross rail bars were standard options.

Patriot is awesome!
By CHUCK

2010 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

To those interested in a fun to drive SUV, look no further. After looking at many SUVs, the Jeep Patriot was the best deal, and had the most options for the money! After test driving the automatic CVT version, I chose the 5 speed manual. I like to shift gears, but also found the engine to me more quiet. It has a very smooth, quiet ride, and the interior is very comfortable. With its SUN AND SOUND PACKAGE, you get 9 speakers that are awesome, SIRIUS, and sunroof. Heated seats,mirrors,premium stain resistant cloth, are just a few of the neat options. The negative review by EDMUNDS is simply not true. go see for yourself. The reviews from other owners also prove this SUV is loved/fun!

Sirius radio with 9 speaker premium, heated seats and mirrors, Halogen headlights, comfort and exterior style, Stone White paint, 5 speed manual, Latitude Package, Value and included options

Automatic headlights