Used 2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Consumer Reviews - 215 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:

Love my 5 sp Limited
By JeeperCreeper

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We bought a 5 speed Limited after driving numerous others including the ridiculously over-priced Escape Hybrid. That Pat blew them away in price, MPG and styling. On summer blend fuel it gets 32 in combi driving and up to 34 on the open hwy. Winter blends about 30 combi. No problems and it's cheaper to insure than an Escort hatchback (that one really shocked me). I've had it in the hwy, city, and mountains and it performs well in all venues. This is one of Chrysler's best kept secrets..

Love the handling and the 5 speed. The high MPGs is a great plus.

A little refining of the interior would be nice, but it is a Jeep, not a 300....

"little tank"
By Northern

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I was sort of stuck with the purchase of the Patriot because of credit and wasn't sure if it was the "One for me" but it turns out its the best thing that I have ever bought. While the interior needs a bit of work (on the base model at least), I haven't had any complaints. I live in the northern part of BC where we get massive amounts of snow every year and haven't got stuck or spun out once. We have nicknamed it the little tank! We can literally go anywhere. I do agree with others that there is a lot of road noise but with 2 kids and a dog we hardly notice. When its time to trade her in I will be looking at Jeep again!

The "go anywhere" ability of the vehicle. Very important in the North.

Interior design. Its a bit cramped with 2 car seats in the back (especially when you have to cram another adult but in the back)

Great so far
By DAD16

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Purchased a new Jeep Patriot with all the bells and whistles for my wife. It's a nice ride around town and comfortable on long trips. The gas tank is small but the good gas mileage makes up for it. The price is so good I think I'm going to get in for my son.

Navigation and hands free phone system is wonderful. Sound system is first class and sirus radio is good for long trips. The transmission shifting is different than most car but I found I hit a break less than my other car which helps save gas.Controls,cup holders,armrest & storage are in the place.

Only thing in do not like is the rear window and the black tinting around it.

2008 Patriot 4x4
By ASG

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I commute 100 miles a day round trip and it doesn't beat you up. traded in the Subaru outback, and am very pleased with MPG (26-28) compared to sticker rating. I like the non carpet in the back, we have 2 large dogs. Visibility is great compared to other models. Tested out the 4x4 today and worked fine in the snow/ice. When my other SUV gets retired soon, I plan on purchasing another patriot (4x2).

MPG, controls are easy to get at.

Roof rack to have cross arms standard. no option to plug in Ipod on 6 disc changer.

One Word - Excellent!
By bluesky

2008 Jeep Patriot SUV Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I normally do not take the time to provide feedback, but feel obligated, given I often look at others opinions before buying. In short, this car is excellent! You can't go wrong. I've owned it almost a year now. No problems whatsoever. It's fun to drive, responsive and intelligently designed. The on board computer display is a nice feature (forget what it's called), as it not only gives you the outside temp,but warns you of such things as low tire pressure, etc. I'm ave about 26 to 28 mpg.

Solidly built and responsive.