Used 2008 Jeep Patriot Consumer Reviews - 219 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Jeep Patriot

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:

Great little jeep!
By Dean

2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought it new in mid 08 2.4 5spd 4x4. I have already put over 50k on it. Gas mileage is 22-29. It is very reliable. Great brakes, not had to change them yet. Smooth clutch. smart interior. Only prob was a leak in sunroof. You get alot for your money plus great warranty!

heated seats, 458 watt stereo, sun roof, gas mile. folding front seat

4x4 isn't a true 4 wheel drive. Should have a limited slip or loc diff. Not great in deep snow.

2008 Jeep Patriot
By GPS Tech

2008 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I have owned a Patriot for one year now and haven't had a problem with it yet. I heard people were having problems with leaks but mine went through hurricane Ike last summer and didnt get a drop inside. Replaced the factory tires with yokohama high performance since 99% of driving is city. Now it handles more like a car. The front end is really stylish and the optional foglights illuminate backroads well. Very satisfied with my Patriot and would recommend it to anyone looking for a small suv.

front grill, headlights/foglights.

Love my little Jeep
By Daniel

2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

We bought this new back in June 08 (barebones model) due to needing a new car and money being kinda tight. Ours has no frills except the "pleather" seats. Mostly the wife drives it/took it from me.. LOL.. As she likes the view and having a slightly higher view of the road. Its our first "new" vehicle ever and the lifetime powertrain warranty sold us as did the chassis Jeep look. Ours has the 2.0 and CVT and although its a bit slow its just fine for commuting and all the errands we run. We get 27-30 mpg 50/50 driving. We could not be happier with our purchase to be quite honest. It's very comfortable and has all the room we need, the mp3 stereo is a Nice touch and so is the great mileage.

Comfortable,just enough room,MPG!!!Looks like a Jeep should.

The doors are a bit uncomfortable and I do wish you could get some options separately instead of having to buy option packages.Maybe a SRT4 version? Then I would buy another one in a heartbeat!!

regrets
By unhappy

2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought this because it was affordable and would get good gas mileage. The first horrible thing I noticed was that if you put down the back window and not the front, your ear drums feel like they'll explode. Lacks power, rough ride - you feel every bump, strong winds feel like they'll blow you over. Wish I wouldn't have bought it. If you don't mind a bumpy ride without much power, then this vehicle will suit you. Never again will I buy a Jeep.

hmmm... my aux jack for my ipod, the removable flashlight

aerodynamics??

loyal jeep owner
By tracy

2008 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I got my jeep in march 2008, and it is FWD 2.0. I love it and it is good on gas. I have to get used to the autostick, and I really don't use it. But overall I am a jeep fanatic and I really like the fuel efficiency.

It is very comfortable to ride in, and nice sound system

it needs a sun roof, I miss my sunroof I had in my liberty