Used 2008 Jeep Patriot Consumer Reviews - 215 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Jeep Patriot

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:

loyal jeep owner
By tracy

2008 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I got my jeep in march 2008, and it is FWD 2.0. I love it and it is good on gas. I have to get used to the autostick, and I really don't use it. But overall I am a jeep fanatic and I really like the fuel efficiency.

It is very comfortable to ride in, and nice sound system

it needs a sun roof, I miss my sunroof I had in my liberty

1-year Patriot review
By MI guy

2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Just passed a year since I bought a 2008 Jeep Patriot with 2.4-l, 5-speed manual. I have put 9700 miles on it, probably 70% city driving and 30% towing my fishing boat, a 16-foot boat weighing about 900 lbs. During this time, my grand average MPG has been 28.3. I have only driven out of the city twice without the boat in tow, and both times my MPG has been over 30. My worst tank of gas was in December during near-record snowfall when I was running a lot of third gear, and got 25.9 MPG. There have been no automotive problems with the vehicle. It has good heat and good A/C. The underside of the car looks very good after one winter.

Very comfortable and solid front seat. Non-tinted glass, good visibility. Good ground clearance. Good gas mileage.

Had to build a sun visor for driver's side window. Oil filter is kind of a reach to get to. Would be nice if the gas tank were larger.

To The Head ...
By Angie T.

2008 Jeep Patriot Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Recently purchased Pat 4X4 and so far so good... I don't get the folks that wrote disparaging remarks referencing this units 4X4 capabilities! I took our Pat 4x4 straight out on to Oregon Inlet @ N.C. Outer Banks and drove through the thick sand like spreading butter without taking a pound of pressure out of any tires (It's recommended to lower tire PSI to 20 before attempting to traverse through the thick sandy beaches). In my opinion all I can say regarding the Jeep Patriot 4X4 off roading capability is that all 4X4's are limited by physics; however, the Pat's 4X4 off roading capability is up to Jeep standards and is limited by the drivers capability/expertise. See ya at the Head!

4X4

Great SUV
By KYPatriot

2008 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I bought my Patriot brand new in April 08 and I love it. Forget what professional reviewers say about it compared to the Escape, Rav4, etc., this is comfortable and handles great. Kentucky got hit with a terrible ice storm in early '09, and the Patriot acted like it barely noticed it! The biggest knock on it is the cheap interior materials, but seriously - how often do you touch your dashboard?

Beautiful layout and design. Comfortable leather seats. Handles great! 4WD is flawless. Average about 22.3 MPG city/ 28 or better Hwy. Autostick feature is fun on winding roads. Chrome door handles and gear shifters are lovely.

Interior doors scratch easily. The backs of the rear seats should be plastic, not carpet. 6-disc changer lacks an MP3 player input - what the heck??

patriot lover
By val smith

2008 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I've got over 30000 miles on my patriot already and am very pleased. I live in the N Ga mountains and drive 65 miles one way to work. I'm getting 26 mpg which I am pleased with considering the terrain. The brakes are holding up well as as are the Goodyear tires. I bought the base model but wish I had spent the extra money for the 4wd. I thought the front wheel drive would be adequate enough and it basically is but I do miss the 4wd. This vehicle will see well over 200k miles before I trade it for a new one. Love the lifetime powertrain warranty and will definitely consider another patriot.

Exterior styling and handling

A different material for the cargo space. Items tend to slide around on the hard plastic.