Used 2007 Jeep Patriot Consumer Reviews - 95 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Jeep Patriot

View reviews for a specific Patriot model:

20,000 Mile Update
By Todd

2007 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I am approaching 20k on my Patriot. So far I have averaged 23 mpg and have had no problems whatsoever (oil changes and tire rotations only). This has been a great vehicle so far. The Patriot could use more power, however it isn't as sluggish as some reviews make it out to be. Many fail to mention that you actually need to learn how to drive the CVT transmission. Honestly, I disliked the vehicle the first time I test drove it.

Jeep Styling, Heated Seats, Gas Mileage, 4x4 Performance

Slightly more powerful engine

So glad I made this decision
By LoveMyJeep2422

2007 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I was debating on purchasing this Jeep after driving my Acura. I am so glad I made the change! This is my first SUV. I had done a lot of research and test driving comparable brands, but this one was by far the best. I have the Limited. The U-Connect phone is my favorite feature so nice to be able to drive safely. Yes the cup holders are in a awkward spot, but its not a big deal. I am getting 24-26 around city and 27 on highway MPG. I had been looking at a Pathfinder, but thank god I made the right choice.

Sunroof, leather seats, U-Connect phone, foot room in the backseat

None!

Patriot 2007
By bombshellfromhell

2007 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

This is my first brand new car purchase. We checked out a lot of SUVs and for the price you couldn't beat the Jeep Patriot.

I love the luxury of the heated leather seats, serious radio, C.d. player, electric doors and windows, and the sunroof. Our Jeep is trail rated and 4x4 which if your gonna buy a jeep you have to get a 4x4.

I would improve the acceleration on the highway but, i've heard most Jeeps are like that. And the wind resistance when you have just the back windows down is awful.

She is what she is...
By JimCno

2007 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I was looking for a car that I could strap a canoe to the top and go down some God awful roads to get to some rivers to fish. At the same time it needed to have a nice ride as we would be using it for long trips. The Patriot fits that bill perfectly! I've had her down back roads, dirt roads, rock roads and off road. She's got the ground clearance to handle all of them. She handles well on highways and back roads. She's got ample cargo space. She doesn't have the greatest power or gas mileage but I have the automatic CVT. I'm sure the manual transmission would improve both. It would be hard to beat her versatility. AND she's made in the good old USA!

Ground clearance, comfortable and roomy seating, smooth ride, reasonably priced. I got the optional heated leather seats and they are wonderful!

The Jeepster
By THOR

2007 Jeep Patriot Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

I recently purchased this jeep that was repossessed and sold at auction to the dealer. I wanted to buy a new 2008 Limited in full. My local dealer could not fine one that i wanted. Limited, Loaded and Green. It is a Jeep all the way. Fun, stylish and can attack any obstacle in its way. It's my third Jeep and this one takes the cake. It is good on gas. I do A LOT of driving in this American icon and its a dream. Road noise is more suppressed than any other jeep. I have to dispute all the gas tank size complaints. The average range for a car is 300 miles. Remember the tank is in par with the range. If it was bigger it would hang lower and weigh more. Hence less gas MPG rating.

All interior components are where they should be. The looks are serious with rugged style.Roomy and easy to clean leather interior. No fear when traveling in any environment. I live in the Northeast! The 9 Speekersound system could level huge loud talking barbecue crowd. Of course that Jeep Green!!!!!

More key accessories could be included in the Limited. For crying out loud you're already at max price. It should definitely be supplied with a cargo privacy cover (costs me $220!= Rape!), Mud Mats and Mud Flaps. More readily available aftermarket maintenance supplies.