2012 Jeep Liberty Consumer Review: It's not a compromise

2012 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Review

Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L V6 4x4 4-speed Automatic)

It's not a compromise
By jsib on

2012 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Never a compromise, a pack leader.
Show me another "comparable" vehicle that can tow 5000lbs, great 4x4 for my excursions and snow, looks like a royal and is a snap to clean up!?!
I towed 3000lbs from Tulsa to Indianapolis at 19.1 mpg and 65mph.
My friend has a V8 Tahoe and never gets better than 15 around town with some highway added in.
Roomy, easy to use and a classic elegant design inside and out.
Extremely happy with it and it kills me that the replacement is awful and ugly (2014 Cherokee).
Jeep forums are filled with Jeep loyalist that actually love to help out.

**Update**
While the Jeep hasn't grown on me more than the initial months it hasn't diminished either. I went into the purchase knowing the downfalls and the only glaring unfixed downfall to mention is the suspension. After not driving the Jeep for a while I jump in and am appalled by the suspension. I am currently in a rental (2015 200C) and the same downfall exist, horrible suspension characteristics. Everything else I can attest the Jeep lives up to it's name. It hasn't been a pavement queen and getting into the Rockies is an uneventful proposition. We do not drive to the extreme but have easily driven the stock Jeep through a myriad of environments: deep sand/mud/rivers, steep ascents/descents, and pushed our level of rock crawling to hang some wheels. We do all of this loaded to the max with gear, family of four, and the dog all stuffed in or on the Jeep. The first aftermarket addition was the air filter housing which is poorly made. The next addition is an aftermarket lift/suspension upgrade from some Old Man out there.
With the added benefit of a 7yr/100,000 mile warranty my boys will be driving this in ten years easy.
If I am not.

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review