Used 2010 Jeep Liberty Consumer Reviews - 43 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2010 Jeep Liberty Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

The best car I’ve ever owned
By Deb

2010 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Very pretty, although small SUV compared to many, I expected better mileage around town. Great on freeway but not so good otherwise. Purchased 9/2011 with 10k miles in Cincinnati area.

Worst Jeep I have Ever Owned
By M. Butterfield

2010 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned 3 Jeep SUV's. I bought this in 2010 with 15k on the odometer. After a few months, The entire steering system had to replaced. Tire pressure monitors on all 4 tires had to replaced within a few years. After 3 years the transmission started skipping. At the 5 year mark,at about 75k miles, the pinion and bearing went bad, resulting in the entire rear end needing to be rebuilt. The widshield washer system broke, and then the rear hatch door latch went bad. Then the license plate lights started blinking on and off. All in all in 6 years I spent about $5k in repairs, and things just keep breaking. It is a total piece of junk. I will never ever buy another Jeep. I will go back to Nissan or Toyota, of which I have owned 2 of each, and none of them ever gave me any trouble with almost 200k miles on them. The Liberty was the absolute worst vehicle purchase that I have ever made.

Luvin it!
By Anonymous

2010 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

So over the past 4 years we've purchased 2 used Jeep Liberty's for our kids; my turn now! I really like how they handle, especially in the snow. I did a little research and traded in my 2007 Honda Fit for a 2010 Jeep Liberty Sport. The seat is extremely comfortable, the ride is great. The acceleration and gas mileage is meh, but I knew that beforehand. My husband drives a Suburban, which is an awesome vehicle in it's own right, but I wanted something a little smaller and easier to park. I drive to Northern Michigan on a regular basis and I've already driven it twice. Great vehicle!

Get Yourself a Jeep Liberty
By BearB

2010 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

great overall value

Cheap Jeep
By Larry Maddox

2010 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This was the first Jeep I have ever owned. This Jeep doesn't have all the electronic stuff and I am ok with that. I am looking at the dependability of this vehicle before I upgrade. I am amazed at how quite this Jeep is on the highway. My Cadillac CTS isn't that quite. This Jeep has great suspension and drives like a dream.
Having to let go of my Chevy Colorado which I bought brand new in 2007 wasn't as difficult as I thought it would be. This Jeep surpasses my expectations and I will not hesitate to get another one down the road.