Used 2008 Jeep Liberty Consumer Reviews - 126 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Jeep Liberty

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

Skyslide Help
By Scott Garmon

2008 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought this truck for long business travel and the awesome skyslide top. I love my Jeep. However, the wind noise is unbearable. It now "whistles" at 20mph. If your looking to buy wait for the next generation of the Skyslide roof. I love Jeep and would love to see this fixed soon.

Skyslide Top!!!

Skyslide Top!!!

Cherokee worthy, love the new look
By tbone

2008 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Although we just drove it home last week, we have been able to take it out and test it in true Colorado fashion. The jeep name holds true with the 08 Liberty... Very impressed with how quite the ride is on the interstate as well. Going to enjoy this jeep for years to come...

Box look returns in 08!

gas mileage / goes without saying these days...

Jeep does what it was built for
By tammy

2008 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Owner for 9 months and 8,000 miles. The interior of the Liberty is chintzy at best. They are not built for comfort. If you read other reviews that complain about water leakage from the rear cargo area, they are absolutely right. The wiring harness at the top of the cargo door and the luggage rack both allow water to infiltrate and soak the carpet floor. The brake assist is cool on slopes but not when you wish to accelerate in emergency situations. The tow package is great. Be careful not to engage the 4WD by accident. MPG is aweful! I would not have bought mine without all the pricing incentives. I will begin to feed mine Wheaties and hope that it grows up to be a BMW someday.

Tow package. Computer technology but this is pretty common on most vehicles now.

Fix the water leaks before they are released to the public to figure out. Put a release on the 4 wheel drive lever that has to be engaged before putting it into 4WD because it is too easy to engage 4WD by accident. Make it more comfortable inside. Make t headrests adjustable front to back.

Great Vehicle
By BRUSKI

2008 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I needed to replace a tow vehicle for a 2000lb camper. When not towing, it will be my wife's daily drive. This used Jeep Liberty Sport caught my eye. Its a good looking 4 wheel drive vehicle that is fun to drive. No, its not as "carlike" as my old Ford Escape, but out-tows the heck out of it. We're averaging about 2-3 mpg less than the Escape (which was a two wheel drive) a fair trade off for a 4x4 with more power and capacity.

4 Wheel drive, tow capacity

Although this is a Sport, adjustable lumbar support would have been nice.

Love My Jeep
By ApolloGenX

2008 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I got my 4d sport used and I absolutely love this SUV. I have wanted a nice SUV for years, and when my old car died, I saw my chance to get a really amazing SUV for a great price. I have had nothing but absolute fun driving every since. The interior has lots of room, which I have already used to move. The clearance is great and although the engine likes the gas, it has the power when I need it. The styling is awesome. All in all, I love everything about this car. The gas mileage could be a bit better, but other than that I love it!

Styling, clearance, interior space