Used 2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Consumer Reviews - 103 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

My jeep
By angela

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I couldn't wait to get my jeep liberty. This is my 4th jeep and will be my last. Its been a great car except for the window regulators. The first one went out while traveling on vacation. The dealer I visited was awesome but the part was under warranty. The 2nd window just went out and I am very unhappy with the cost of the manufacture defect. If this is the expense I will have to incur I am looking to get rid of this jeep now. I refuse to own another one now.

looks

The window regulators

windows
By terbear

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I love my Liberty except for the frustration with the dealerships/manufacturer regarding the defective windows. To fix, you must buy a whole new window and regulator/gear combo. This is very expensive. I have replaced one, two are broken and wont stay up/ its raining and cold here and I have small children, and the fourth is chattering and will fail any day. I don't see why I have to pay when they admit they have a defective design which is why the whole window must be replaced. This is way to costly a repair for the consumer to bear. With whats happening with Toyota, you'd think they'd want to keep their customers happy.

recall abd replace the windows and regulator/gears

Loving it less....
By Libby

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

The Jeep has been a great vehicle. Its easy to drive, easy to park, easy to see out of, and easy to get in and out of. Plenty of storage and travels well. If you want a plush ride, might not be for you, as its a real jeep. Not a disguised mini van. It's been rock solid except for the window issues. Trail rated perhaps should be turned to Tear rated. I love my Jeep, but I am really getting tired of having the windows repaired. It goes in tuesday for window repair #5. After owning a Wrangler, two Cherokee's and this, this Liberty will likely be my last Jeep as the window issues are souring the whole experience. Would give 9's on build and reliability if not for the windows.

Tight turning ability, Versatile, Easy to use and see out of, Looks great!

Come on Jeep, get some quality window regulators. This is ridiculous. New ones are too boxy.

A Jeep That Does It All
By Don

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

This is my second Liberty, I bought my first one in 2004, (the window regulator wasn't an issue in that model). I love the Liberty for its carlike/suv appearance and towing capabilities. I am averaging 20-21+ mpg in combined city/highway driving. I bought the 2007 knowing that the window regulators were crap. However, it was still under factory warranty and I received such a good deal since it was a manufactures buyback that the savings made it worth the risk/hassle.

Fun to drive, easy to park. Towing a trailer is very easy. My 3" lift really changed the looks. This is a great daily commuter that be taken to the Ritz or to the outback!

Window regulators, if you don't have the resources to fix them buy a roll of duct tape to keep the windows up you'll need it. All add-ons from Mopar/Chrysler seem to start in around the $200 range.

Fix The Window Regulator Problems!
By MicahW

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

If you want a Jeep, buy a Jeep, but be prepared for about 14 - 16 mpg, and a company that won't toss you a dime for the window regulators that CONSTANTLY go out. I've had my Jeep for 6 months, in that time, 2 of the regulators have gone out. It's a $500 repair that Jeep won't cover that happens to every Jeep.

Attractive interior and good 4 wheel drive for the snow.

Fix the windows, it was a problem in 02, 03, 04, 05, 06, 07, 08, 09... and they still haven't fixed it or repaired any of the ones that go out.