Used 2007 Jeep Liberty Consumer Reviews - 105 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Jeep Liberty

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

Good Value
By Jim

2007 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Simple layout with a lot of features, great bang for the price Hi, I bought the car new because of the warranty and that it was the only one at this price with the features it has (leather, heated seats, etc). Three years later, the car has been good. The gas mileage is worse than my previous Grand Cherokee which had a V8. Though I've loaded it up with books to the roof (and then put suitcases on the roof) and it didn't really change the gas mileage. The car handles well off road, though the stock clearance and tires suck. I've never had an issue with the windows (I was told by a dealer that the last series of 2007's got the 2008's electrical system). Find a good dealership-it's the dif

simple lay out, reliable,

Increase the ground clearance (at least as an up country option like in previous Jeeps) and see if you can improve mpg. Improve the roof rack - it's a 30k car, i shouldn't be on the roof with a modified allen wrench. Provide an MP3 player - it's a 2007 not a 1994

windows? what windows?
By Ghost73

2007 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Bought the thing in August of 07. Windows have fallen down in the door 16 times! Yes 16 times! The dealership always fixed them for free. Then they claimed they have a new improved part. Windows kept falling. The last time it happened I got charged for it. I was told Chrysler had changed their policy. Hmm so I get penalized for their poor product. Sounds fair. I don't even roll the windows down. Yet they fall any way.

none

everything

My jeep
By angela

2007 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I couldn't wait to get my jeep liberty. This is my 4th jeep and will be my last. Its been a great car except for the window regulators. The first one went out while traveling on vacation. The dealer I visited was awesome but the part was under warranty. The 2nd window just went out and I am very unhappy with the cost of the manufacture defect. If this is the expense I will have to incur I am looking to get rid of this jeep now. I refuse to own another one now.

looks

The window regulators

windows
By terbear

2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I love my Liberty except for the frustration with the dealerships/manufacturer regarding the defective windows. To fix, you must buy a whole new window and regulator/gear combo. This is very expensive. I have replaced one, two are broken and wont stay up/ its raining and cold here and I have small children, and the fourth is chattering and will fail any day. I don't see why I have to pay when they admit they have a defective design which is why the whole window must be replaced. This is way to costly a repair for the consumer to bear. With whats happening with Toyota, you'd think they'd want to keep their customers happy.

recall abd replace the windows and regulator/gears

Loving it less....
By Libby

2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

The Jeep has been a great vehicle. Its easy to drive, easy to park, easy to see out of, and easy to get in and out of. Plenty of storage and travels well. If you want a plush ride, might not be for you, as its a real jeep. Not a disguised mini van. It's been rock solid except for the window issues. Trail rated perhaps should be turned to Tear rated. I love my Jeep, but I am really getting tired of having the windows repaired. It goes in tuesday for window repair #5. After owning a Wrangler, two Cherokee's and this, this Liberty will likely be my last Jeep as the window issues are souring the whole experience. Would give 9's on build and reliability if not for the windows.

Tight turning ability, Versatile, Easy to use and see out of, Looks great!

Come on Jeep, get some quality window regulators. This is ridiculous. New ones are too boxy.