Used 2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Consumer Reviews - 104 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

Another bad regulator, well, three
By Darryl

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

While I haven't taken my Liberty to the dealership 16 times for regulator repairs like one poor fellow, I have been inconvenienced three times so far and the vehicle only has 37,000 miles. And I thought three regulator repairs was too many! I wonder what's going to happen 20,000 miles from now three more regulator repairs? What's crazy is that my 1990 Nissan Sentra had zero, absolutely zero manufacturing issues yet was 17 years older.

The exterior look.

Surprise, surprise...the window regulators. Chrysler's window engineers should be ashamed of engineering such junk.

Windows for Suckers
By sha2tia5

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I too had issues with Windows I was lucky enough to get rid of my Jeep, all in the matter of two days the ac goes out and the two rear Windows would not go up after just getting the front driver side window fixed beginning of this year and and year before that the same rear window that just went out, I will never again purchase a Jeep!

not the windows!

All these complaints not one recall

Liberty
By Gotjeep

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Well no complaint's, fuel mileage could be a little better but when compared with similar vehicles at least I can leave the pavement. I don't see any issue's with the steering and the body roll on corners is perfectly acceptable. The ability to tow up to 5000 lbs is awesome(more then my friend's trailblazer is rated for..) The 3.7 engine is a v6 version of the 4.7 in my Grand Cherokee, very simple to work on and in the Liberty the engine bay actually has room! For the feature's and price I would say its well rounded off. The little loss in the drive quality on pavement is more the forgiven for what she can do off- road. Love the solid rear axle and the IFS handles her own.

Comfortable and given her over all size the interior space was managed well. Off-road capable but the Rack n Pinion steering is nice on the road so she don't drive like a pick-up. Towing Capacity Solid 4WD System, Select-Trac has been proven for 20+YRS Rear Window's go all the way down.

Would like to have seen 25 mpg Highway but I can live with the 21/22. 6 SPD Manual should have been offered on the Limited. Would love to see the rear hatch window go down.

Surprisingly good
By Jim S

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Hi, I bought my jeep as my first new car. It's been reliable, has a great 4wd system that allows shift on the fly at 50 mph! It's the limited with all the bells and whistles - which is the only downfall. Though a steal price versus options, the premium sound doesn't play mp3's and the roof rack system is a step down from the Cherokee. The trunk is small. But, it's reliable, does well both on and off the road, through snow, mud, and cities. parking is excellent as it's the size of civic. handling is very sharp and acceleration is good

handling, parking, acceleration, luxury features, simplicity

needs more storage space, better roof rack system and the stereo should play mp3's

Power Windows
By 2nd Liberty

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is my second Jeep Liberty. In the 3 years that I have had this Liberty, I have had the window regulators replaced 6 times. I asked to have all replaced at the same time and was told NO this cannot be done. It's a known flaw with the 2006 and 2007 Liberty and supposed to be recalled soon. In the mean time, if you are experiencing my pain call Chrysler. They are listening to the consumer. The dealers are mere puppets that have no power to do anything other than fix whats broken. Chrysler is honoring their commitment to do right by their customers.

I love how high I sit in my Liberty, the heated seats in the winter, sound system, sun roof, and for a short person it's a comfortable ride.