Used 2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Consumer Reviews - 104 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

Upholstery and Windows!
By Ragin' Cajun

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I love my Liberty Sport. Two issues: 1) The upholstery stains with just water. Turns out some IDIOT in materials took delivery of something that shouldn't have been used. Solution: periodically (yearly) steam clean your seats. 2) Window plastic support bracket (Piece 'O' $H!#) keeps breaking EVEN WITHOUT USE! Seems the regulators are OK, but the "plastic" bracket needs to be replaced with a metal one for $9.00. Google "steiger performance" for metal bracket and instructions. First one will take patience and time, but the others get easier.

2007 Jeep Liberty
By J Reed

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my liberty used with 36,000 miles on it last January. It now has 46,000. All my Windows have broken, when the back left door window broke it fell down inside my door & shattered ( this happened going down the road in the winter ) I have all of my Windows ratchet strapped up with the door panels off because its the only way to keep them from breaking because every time they are replaced. They break again. I though I would love this SUV but it has been a nightmare, I would not recommend a Jeep to anyone. Its a p. O. S. To put it nicely :) I will never buy or own another Jeep once I'm able to trade this one in.

NONE.

Windows and window motors! Also hate the seats, they stain from water drops.

What's up with the windows?
By fdzi

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Purchased my 2007 Jeep Liberty in late 2006. I have had EVERY one of the window regulators replaced! Initialy they we all covered by the warranty. 2 days ago my rear drivers window regulator went AGAIN. That makes 5 windows needing repair in 3 1/2 years. This time I have 40,000 miles and the dealer said it is not covered by warranty. I have been trying to get Chrysler to fix it for fee as I have NEVER had a car with window issues like this. They should be ashamed of themselves.

Car looks great, drives well, has been otherwise reliable.

I have searched the web and found THOUSANDS of people with the same window issue. Fix the issue already!

BAD Windows
By B Harris

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Wife needed a new car get her through the snow. If you lived on the east cost last winter you know that a VW Beetle would have been useless. Highly upset with Jeep. We have had this car not even a year. It has less than 45,000 Miles on it we replace the front driver side 3 mos a go. This week we had to replace the front passenger side and on the way home from the stealership the back passenger side broke. Stealership hit me for 400 bucks, I called the Jeep headquarters and complained they were looking into getting me some assistance on getting the back window fixed--I want my money back.. this car sucks gas and your time

Jeep needs to reimburse their customers who have had to pay to get this JEEP problem fixed. They know they are wrong for such a poor product

Windows
By Dan

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Just like everyone else I have window problems as well, bought the Jeep 1 year old with 33k, front drivers window broke at 35,500, lucky it didn't wait another week or two or it wouldn't have been covered under warranty. Have around 54k right now and drivers rear window is broken, Have to put cardboard between seal and window to keep it up. This window was never used. Use the two front window very rarely as I can tell they are just about to break when they go up, oh and the front drivers window regulator was replace a year and a half ago and breaking again? high quality. Plan on calling Chrysler to see if they will pay due to lack of recall for some reason.

Handles well in snow.

windows and maybe after that try to get the windows right again.