Used 2007 Jeep Liberty Consumer Reviews - 105 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Jeep Liberty

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

This car could be better.
By the_nme

2007 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Although, you can't go wrong with a Jeep, this Jeep can seriously be better. First off, how does a small Liberty waste as much gas as a Grand Cherokee? You would expect such a small car to waste so little, but it's a gas guzzler. The radio can use improvement. No MP3 input whatsoever. The sound system can also sound a little better. It also wouldn't hurt to make easier cleaning seats. Once stained, good luck cleaning it off. The one thing I do love about this car though, is the way it handles. It maneuvers so smoothly!

Oh, and I haven't had a problem with the windows.. ever, as I see this is a main issue here.

The way it handles is definitely a plus.

Seats can be easier cleaning. MP3 input as well. Sound can be better too.

FYI all 2007 jeep owners...
By fafe013

2007 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

We all know the problems with the windows are terrible. Luckily I recently received a letter in the mail saying the windows will be warrantied for 7 years from the break date! YAY, I got all my money back from the 7 times my 07 jeep liberty has broken. I hate this car so much. It is a nightmare. Water stains the seats, they hold absolutely no value what so ever. NEVER BUY A JEEP! The gas will also break your wallet, I am lucky if I get 5 miles to the gallon. No joke, I work 7 miles from my house and it costs me 10$ a day there and back! AHHH

Window problems
By GerryR

2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my Jeep with only 17,000 miles on it. The drvers window had problems right away. I have to help it up or it goes crooked. Soon after that the passenger side started doing the same. In the last 3 months both rear windows have broken and fallen into the door. I have them propped up and they are unuseable. I cant believe there has not been a recall on this as there are hundreds if not thousands of complaints.I cant believe that Jeep would put out such a faulty product and do nothing to fix it. I will not buy another one.

Windows. Windows . Windows

Like My Jeep
By Etown

2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Intentions was not to buy the Jeep as a matter of fact, I say it on the show room floor like the color and the options so decided to buy. My wife looks straight ahead when she drives and because of that hits about every pot hole. The ruggedness of the vehicle is a plus. The first year took a 2000 mile trip and got right around 25.1 mpg. I change the oil every 3000 mile and rotate the tires every 5000. Got all five tires filled with nitrogen and it helps. Last year we went to Ocean City Maryland roughly 1200 miles and got 23- 24 mpg. Bought seat covers when we got it so no problem with stains. Also no problems with the windows. One door you can hear air when highway driving.

Like the ride when on the open road. My wife likes it because she sits up high. Smooth ride on smooth road otherwise it does have a truck feel when the roads are not smooth. My wife also likes the four wheel drive on snow covered roads

Leg and feet room for the passenger.

Window woes
By Pappy6

2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Very poor pwr.window mechanism. Two windows have completely failed and expensive to repair and get replacement parts. Except from dealer with NO assistance from Chrysler whom is aware of the continuing problem.

size

Mfg. recall to replace faulty regulators that are sure to fail at some point.