Used 2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Consumer Reviews - 103 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

Life Time Warranty does not mean Life Time Warrenty
By 2007liberty

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Back in 2007 our family purchased 2 Jeep Liberties.
Our Limited has about 51,000 miles.
The trans went on it. Now, we have a Life Time Warranty on it so we thought we were covered.
Nope!
It needed to be inspected for our warranty to count?
No where on the contract does it state this. Do not trust your contracts.
This company will find ways around for filling them.
We're never buying a Jeep again.
They just lost over 20 people in our family who have bought Jeeps in the past but will never buy them again in the future.

Don't lie to your costumers and you'll stay in business. :D Life time means life time. Not, one year. Not five years. Not ten years. Not twenty years. Not fifty years. LIFE TIME OF THE VEHICLE!!!!

It loves the snow!!!
By crimson2

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my Liberty 4x4 over a year ago because I tore up my sports car in the winter of 2010/2011. I figured I would wait to see how things went before writing the review. My only issue to date was a ignition switch went out to the tune of 1300.00 as it and the steering column are one piece. No window issues, but seat stains are as described in the reviews. Nothing seat covers wont fix. Now for winter reliability.... This is where this thing shines!!!!! on 02/21/13 The KC area got about 7in of snow in 4 hours. Just about every other vehicle was on the side of the road, as I passed right on through unplowed streets, I felt like a Boss.... The clearance and part time 4wd took me everywhere!!!

Ground clearance, 4x4, ability to conquer snow like it wasnt even there...

Seat materials, window issues, and maybe a little more comfortable seats while your at it.

Mixed Emotions
By maddogca

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Mechanically, I haven't had one issue with the vehicle. The vehicle has never left me stranded and it has always sent me from Point A to Point B. I have never had a problem with the windows like many here mentioned and I have never had a problem with the electronics of the vehicle. My biggest issue is with the interior. Not only do the seats get uncomfortable after a while, but anything can stain the seats! And I mean ANYTHING! Pour water on them, and you have a nasty dark mark all over it. The gas mileage is also terrible on this vehicle. If I knew I was going to get such terrible gas mileage, I would've gotten a Grand Cherokee. Never getting a Liberty.

whats going on with my car!? please help
By mcvallee91

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've owned my 2007 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr rwd for six months now, previously was used as lease and rental vehicle. since purchasing the vehicle, I have replaced the brake light housing, front right window, and motor and regulator to front driver side window. Just this evening my vehicle stalled on me. It is an automatic vehicle and I always change the oil just shy of 3,000 miles using mid grade oil. Anyone having similar problems? why is my car stalling?

Big Disappointment!
By paht

2007 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased a 2007 Jeep Liberty with 29,000 miles in 2010.
I had previously owned a 1998 Jeep Cherokee Sport and loved it so decided to trade up to the Liberty.
What a disappointment!
At 33,000 miles (just out of warranty) I had to replace the front drive shaft, all four windows have been replaced, the rear wiper doesn't work, the rear door latch comes apart every 5,000 miles and won't open till we take off the door panel and fix it, the front drive shaft is vibrating again (same as before we replaced it), the transmission doesn't shift properly, and we get a lousy 14 mpg.
Our local dealer can't find anything wrong with it.
I'll never own another Jeep!

I like the exterior appearance, and the interior is fairly roomy for a small SUV.

Take these vehicles off the road and start over. Jeep needs to go back to making the fun, relibale vehicles they were famous for.