Used 2006 Jeep Liberty Consumer Reviews - 191 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Jeep Liberty

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

Regulators in windows
By Mary Ann

2006 Jeep Liberty Renegade 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

The regulator has gone out 3 times on my back drivers side window. Once on the passenger side window. The dealership is charging to fix this each time. It continues to happen, so they aren't fixing it. I am so tried of this. I would have never bought this vehicle had I known. I bought it new.

I have Issues
By disappointed in WV

2006 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I very seldom put the back window down or up and the driver side rear window has already been replaced because it would not stay up. The seat cover is so bad to stain even water will leave a spot. Now I am hearing a loud noise from the rear end and was told that people are having to replace the rear end and that all the dealer wants to do is change fluids until the warranty in gone then the rear end has to be replaced. This is not good. Has any one else had a problem with the rear end going out on the Jeep Liberty?

Window regulators
By blue01

2006 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Oh my God, what do we have to do for Chrysler to recall these window regulators. I have a 2006 Jeep Liberty I bought used in 10-2008 and by 3-2009 my drivers side window went out and less then 1 week later the passenger back window went out. Just to find out that when the warranty company approved the regulators they would not approve the windows. Yes, the new regulator do not fit the old windows so they have to be replace too. After talking and complaning for a week they finally agreed to pay for the windows. Well lord and behold now my drivers side back window went out this weekend. How many more complaints will Chrysler need to recall these Window Regulators. (Frustrated)

window regulators

Very Disappointed!
By Dont Buy it!

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have owned this jeep liberty for two years. I have always wanted a jeep until now! My windows keep dropping from poorly designed window regulators, the a/c sucks, has a lot of road noise, and the interior is a stain magnet! I am very particular about the inside of my car and rain drops from just getting in the car stain the seats! I don't know what kind of fabric this is but it's awful! All of these problems are also very expensive to fix! The outside looks nice but the gray cloth seats are another story!

It's cute on the outside!

Different seat material, more insulation to help with road noise, and a better design on the window regulator that is not so pricey for consumers. I feel like jeep poorly designed these features on purpose to get more of your money! I will not buy another jeep!

Well Built?
By Disappointed

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

Since buying the Jeep Liberty, I've enjoyed certain qualities of the vehicle and have cringed at others. The engine is unrefined and sluggish when accelerating. Sometimes when accelerating, if I hit a bump in the road...the car feels like it hits a dead zone and misses. Very bizarre? As an off-road vehicle its great but the poor interior design, annoying squeaks from the dash and caveman engine, it's really not an overall good experience. I purchase the vehicle for the wrong reasons which at the time was off-road capability and looks. Both of those qualities hold up over the time I've owned the Jeep (3 years), but the poor fit & finish, squeaks and overall cheap build is disappointing.

Seating position. The handling is decent-fun to drive. The exterior looks are great especially when you add white lettered off road tires.

Road noise is terrible, The power window adjustment in the center console, really? The windows that break (literally drop) every 7 thousand miles. I've replaced each window at least once from normal use (definite defect which Jeep has paid for). Needs a better engine, better gas mileage