Used 2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Consumer Reviews - 190 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

Window Regulator
By John Pullano

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

So, I took my 2006 Jeep Liberty to the dealer on 09/09/2010 because the front driver's side window regulator is shot. Cost me $595 to repair a problem that Jeep knows about. In fact, I was told they redesigned the regulator, and they put the newly- designed regulator in my Jeep. Why do I have to pay for something that Jeep knows was improperly designed? Jeep will not recall the vehicles because the regulator is not a "safety issue". I'm now waiting to hear from Jeep's customer service as to whether I'm going to get reimbursed. This is very poor customer relations at the least. Jeep should be replacing these regulators for free.

2006 JEEP LIBERTY POWER WINDOWS
By Jan

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I love driving my jeep, however all my windows have torn up and the 2 back windows I can't afford to replace because they cost to much. The driver side I had fixed 3 times within 6 mos of buying the car and the passenger car i have had replaced only once so far. The interior or upholstery is terrible. Anything stains it and will not clean. If I had to do over I would not have ever bought this car because it is poorly designed and cost to much to fix the regulators. I also am surprised they haven't recalled this jeep and admitted their mistake.

Outside looks great right size for SUV otherwise not worth the money and never will buy another one.

recall the windows and fix your screw ups even if it does cost Chrysler. Do it right the first time and they wouldn't have these problems

They are all lemons
By guest00021

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Replaced 3 regulators under warranty, and 1 after warranty. Because they changed the design (yet, they didn't improve it), it requires the window to be replaced too. Total bill is about $800 per incident, and it's a repair that has to be repeated every once in a while for each window. I'm up to my 6th regulator being broken, 3 under warranty, 1 at my cost, and 2 that I decided not to fix (a stick was placed inside the door to keep the window from falling). I've only got 4 years and 65000 miles on it. Interior is very plain. Don't expect storage space. The manufacturer's manual doesn't even fit in the very small glove box. I can't believed I got taken that way.

Built like a truck, solid rear axle, 4WD. I've had it in 12-16" of unploughed snow in the country and in a field, and it drove wonderfully.

It doesn't matter, I'll never buy it again.

Fun vehicle, but frustrated sometimes
By jeep18

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I'm a big fan of the Jeep brand, especially Liberty and Wrangler. This is my first Jeep and I'm considering buying a Wrangler in the future. What I like about this car is its exterior design, sleek, bold, and different. It's a SUV 4WD but it doesn't look heavy or clumsy. The overall performance is good, but start to have some mysterious rattling sound recently. However, its power window system is a disaster. The regulator for the same window has broken five times and now the door is falling apart.

Exterior design, 4WD

Power window and electric system needs major improvement. This irritating defect has made me reconsider whether I should get a Wrangler or not.

Regulators in windows
By Mary Ann

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Renegade 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

The regulator has gone out 3 times on my back drivers side window. Once on the passenger side window. The dealership is charging to fix this each time. It continues to happen, so they aren't fixing it. I am so tried of this. I would have never bought this vehicle had I known. I bought it new.