Used 2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Consumer Reviews - 190 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

Chrysler worst quality interior parts
By kinace

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a Jeep Liberty 2006 brand new, I have replaced the windows regulators about 6 times for the rear windows, spending about $200.00 each time, and still Chrysler do not have a recall for the cheapest windows regulators ever made out of plastic, then the gear shifter light went off and I thought I could fix it replacing a fuse. The dealer told me they didn't have a fix for that so they have to replace the whole shifter. WHAT? I just leave it like that and then the interiors handlers in each door came off when I tried to close the door that after several months of use. It runs great and I haven't have any major problems with the engine but Chrysler used the cheapest materials ever.

The whole interiors the fabric in the seat stain very easy even with water, the door handlers brake very easy, gear shifter lights went off, too expensive to replace, windows regulators are a joke they brake like 2 times in a year--very costly and Chrysler doesn't have that as a recall, shame on them.. I bought it brand new, I will never buy a Chrysler again in my life.

Windows Suck
By jeepmadness

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought a used one with 10,000 miles.
I immediatley started having trouble with the windows.
I paid a $100 deductable six times to have this problem fixed, and it has never been fully resolved. My back driver's side window is now being held up this a suction cup purchased at harbor freight for 5.99. The 5.99 suction cup has served me much better then anyone at Jeff Wyler, Ft. Thomas.
I have yet to be reimbursed from Chrysler for my previous expenses and Jeff Wyler wants to charge me $80 to look at the problem to see if it will be covered by the extended warranty now offered due to the problem. Every window part should be included for this car due to the inconvenience. Don't buy the 2006!

Better made window parts, bigger glove compartment.

Looks great has a lot of problems.
By hindsboy

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

The car has issues. The windows always fail. It always has recalls and my key will not come out of the ignition. When my air condition is on it makes a horrible noise. I went to turn the other day and there was a loud bang then it stopped turning (serious safety hazard) now it keeps happening. The transmission is also making weird noises. I wish i would have never got it. My other jeep was great. The car looks nice but it is terrible. if i could afford to make the thousand in repairs i would but now there is no use to for down in this downwards spiral Chrysler calls a car.

The looks are great inside in out!!

All mechanical features.:(

Looks Great!! Dont let the looks fool you!!
By nbuckley

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

had the worst experience with this truck engine light has been on for over 3 weeks now it's been at the dealer and they don't know whats wrong with it! I've paid alittle over 2,000 for work done on my truck and its still not fixed..and the dealar cont. to tell may its this and maybe it that..well I'm not going to cont. giving monies to you for your maybe's!! the worst truck thus far and I've had plenty of vechile if the dealer can't fix it then what?? only had the truck 1yr!! please stay away wish I would have done my homework an read the reviews on this truck before I made my purchase!! We live and learn!!

none!!

trash this make!!

Love everything about this car, except the mileage!
By derrtydave

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've been a Jeep owner for many years.
After my 3rd Cherokee started showing signs of old age, I traded it in for a pre-owned 2006 Liberty Limited.
When the Liberty's first came out, I didn't like the design, but it has grown on me.
(I still compare the Liberty to the Cherokee, as you'll see).

Everything seems intended specifically for convenience and space efficiency, well done Jeep!
I also test-drove the new 2008 body style which I didnt feel was built as solidly as the original Liberty body style-- somehow felt cheaper and flimsy, like a bad rental car.

Solid. Feels like I would survive even the worst collision. Love the way they moved the vehicle's center of gravity (compared to the Cherokee) so the thing seems more stable, and the body design is such that the driver can see more of their road surroundings from the driver's seat. The rear seats have more room than the Cherokee's, including a split rear seat-back so you can fold down part of it and still seat a back passenger. Cargo bay has the same storage capacity with the seats down, as the Cherokee did, very efficient design. Handles extremely well, small turn base, responsive, what you'd expect from a Jeep.

The only thing I dont like about this is the mileage. I can pull about 20mpg on the highway, a mix of city/suburban driving gets me around 14mpg, and all-city driving gets me 12mpg if I'm lucky. You would think that they'd have figured out a way by now to get better mileage without sacrificing power/pickup. My Cherokees used to consistently get 15mpg city and sometimes 21mpg on the highway.