Used 2006 Jeep Liberty Consumer Reviews - 190 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Jeep Liberty

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

DO NOT TRUST JEEPS
By Poor Quality

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought the CRD Diesel, which is great, good gas mileage (20+ in city, 25+ freeway) excellent low end torque, very good OHV and very fun! But it doesn't overcome the horrible Jeep quality, I will not buy another one. Chrysler knows that the window regulators are a deficient design, but will not acknowledge it. A simple plastic piece that will fail every 5k miles! I have replaced 7 regulators in 2 years. Dealer charges $400+, admits that it is a design flaw. I fix them myself, but it is still 1+ hr + $150. One of the biggest disappointments I have ever owned. Check all the internet sites under Jeep Liberty and you will see the massive dissatisfaction with quality (EGRs and regulators).

Every American auto company should offer a common rail diesel, very reliable and efficient. It is too bad this one is in a poor quality Jeep.

1. Chrysler needs to admit their mistakes and retain customers. 2. Please provide manual windows as options on all jeeps. 3. Please don't use soft aluminum in oil pans, it isn't worth the weight savings as it is so easy to strip out.

Windows are horrible!
By Windows are HORRIBLE

2006 Jeep Liberty Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

The window issue definitely outweigh any good that the car has! I bought the car after having so many issues with a Chrysler Sebring and even asked the dealer about any problems this vehicle might have. It is clear I was not told the total truth. I will be taking my car in again for window repairs. This makes #4!

Leather interior, sound system

Windows that will work!

Mixed Feelings
By chestersmom

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I love my liberty, but I'm not so sure I love it. It steers well, easy to maneuver, love the height, but I have to say if I had been aware of the problems I could have fallen in love with another vehicle. The paint job sucks, I have what should be just a small ding (I'm guessing from a rock) above the window on the door and the thing goes all the way to the metal! Also, as with most of you, the window thing is driving me crazy! The driver window has gone out 4 times, the rear Windows both replaced, and today the passenger window broke. It also runs really loud & the seats stain way to easily. Something is definitely wrong.

Looks great, drives well, decent gas mileage on highway

The window problems are devastating, seats stain too easily (even water left stain)

Windows
By Kathy Roberts

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have a a little over 44,000 miles on my 2006 Jeep Liberty Sport and I have had to have the regulators in the windows replaced five times. Three times for back passenger windows and twice for the left driver's side window. The motor crunches and then the window just disappears into the door. I picked up my vehicle from being repaired for the fifth time yesterday and am afraid of letting the windows down for fear they won't go back up. I wouldn't recommend this vehicle to anyone.

Can you say lemon?
By Valeri

2006 Jeep Liberty Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I purchased this Jeep brand new 9/2006. In January of 2007 is was in the shop for a MAJOR motor problem that was a factory problem. I was without this jeep for a month and it has NEVER been the same. Nobody stands behind their vehicles anymore. I have an electrical problem in this vehicle and no one seems to know what it is. The fuel economy is horrible! The only good thing about it is its 4 wheel drive. This Jeep has been in the shop for so many things. You name it, its been in the shop for it.

It is a 4X4

Everything! I have never regretted a purchase before, until now. I should have never traded my Dodge Neon, at least that never had a problem.