Used 2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Consumer Reviews - 190 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

trade me cars
By kd

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought my Jeep liberty brand new in August 2006. While it was under warranty, I had the lower ball joints replaced, the manual shifter replaced a few other dumb things. When the warranty ended, I had to replace a 200.00 dollar idle air control valve, the rear window regulator needs replaced and the a/c is broken. The seats stain badly even with rain water and snow flakes. If I had known this particular car was a lemon, I would not have bought it.

fun to drive with plenty of power and o.k gas mileage

needs another type of upholstry, sometning other than plastic clips for window regulators, and instead of buying an entire a/c condensor, have the clutch available to buy seperatly.

Air conditioning
By Dawn

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I own a 2006 Liberty which was the first new vehicle that I have purchased.I have many of the complaints some of the other owners have such as, the windows falling. Three times for me too. The seats staining are unbelievable too. My most recent complaint is the air conditioning. I was just told by my dealer that my compressor is shot. I have found no complaints or recalls related to 2006 Jeep air conditioning issues. This will be costly as my vehicle is also out of warranty like many other consumers who are faced with the same reality. What a disappointment Chrysler has been for me with this one. I plan on issuing a complaint. Maybe they will surprise me.

too many problems/bad gas mileage
By Katymaeflower

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I bought this Jeep used. I've had it for 2 yrs. It's fun to drive but gets terrible gas mileage...15 city/20 hwy if you're lucky! I've had to replace 2 window regulators so far. It is in the shop now for an electrical problem where it keeps blowing fuses. The bill so far is $800 plus a towing charge! Before the windows and electrical issues, my only complaint was the bad gas mileage. I agree with the one person who said we should start a class action suit against Chrysler but would it do any good since they are going out of business? I owned a 1996 Grand Cherokee before this and loved it...no problems. I sure miss it!

sporty handling

quality window regulators, move window controls from console to doors, improve gas mileage.

Nice car...but with some problems
By Crudasill

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my 06' Jeep Liberty for almost 3 years and I do love the car. But there are some major flaws. The back left window fell one day (I didn't even try to roll it down, it just fell). Dealership wanted like $460 to fix because my warranty was gone. Seats stain so bad, even with just plain water. It is smaller on the inside than I ever expected. I have a 2 year old and have his car seat in the middle (because it is safer to put the carseat in the middle in all cars) and it is a tight squeeze to get another average size adult in the back seat. I've had no major complaints about the car. It has held up nicely. I would buy another Jeep in the future.

cute car no major flaws..yet keyless entry doors lock automatically once car reaches

window regulators fabric on seats back seat leg room needs to be a little more

Rear windows and fabric seats.
By Serafina

2006 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I bought my Jeep in 2006 brand new. I love it, I don't have any complaints, very reliable SUV. I have 47000 miles on mine and I never have any mechanical problems, but the rear windows are a pain when they stop working, the fabric seats stain even with water, and the handle of the passenger side got broke and guess how much the dealer wanted to replace it $525.00, I decided to fix it myself with a real long screw. Inside is like a toy car very low quality but other than that very reliable SUV.

Swing back window, Midnight Blue color, comfortable

Please upgrade the interiors, they stink big time.