2005 Jeep Liberty Consumer Review: Reasonable vehicle for reasona

2005 Jeep Liberty - Consumer Review

Sport 4dr SUV (2.4L 4-cyl. 4x4 6-speed Manual)

Reasonable vehicle for reasonable price
By Joe Chocrame on

2005 Jeep Liberty Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I have done a lot of highway driving in my Liberty and it has performed pretty well--the Check engine light has come on several times and it difficult to get to stay off. Gas mileage isn't the best. Front seats are quite comfortable however the back seat is quite uncomfortable and crammed. I like having the spare tire so convenient. These Jeeps work great on bumpy roads although the ride is a little rough and noisy. Even in 4wheel high, my warning is not to drive it on the highway in any slippery road conditions. I have gone off the road a few times on the ice at . Thank God the vehicle never has rolled over!Over all its a cute little guy but do not expect to get out of a muddy ditch!

Comfortable front seats, good visibility, good performance off road-- as long as you're not in the mud! Easily accessible spare tire.

More cushioning and leg room in back seat, better gas mileage, better traction

Are you the author of this review?

Update Your Review
By mnbobster
on 02/04/11 11:18 AM (PST)

"Even in 4wheel high, my warning is not to drive it on the highway in any slippery road conditions. I have gone off the road a few times on the ice at ." My 2005 Liberty Sport has always been great on ice and snow. I put on a new set of Michelins and it got even better. I have never gone off the road, even when in a rear wheel drive car, Winter, Spring, Summer or Fall. Maybe the problem isn't "traction".