Used 2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Consumer Reviews - 412 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

2005 Limited
By richard

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I use this Jeep both on and off road. Superior to my Forester especially in mud. Gets 23 hwy and 18 city. So far at 20k no problems, ride is good and I can pull a horse trailer with it.

Has good power.

I would have gotten a different interior color ( leather); could have a larger cargo area behind rear seat,

2005 CRD Liberty
By Pete Josenhans

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

The outstanding engineering behind the new CRD engine qualifies as such a joy. And I am here to tell you that this engine blows away (no pun intended) all the myths and conventional thinking that we have come to associate with diesel engines over the years. With no visible smoke, no apparent diesel smell and a whisper quiet engine sound at highway speeds, this vehicle actually out-ran many gas engine vehicles in the mountains of California, Oregon and Washington on a recent trip. At one gas station, a trucker even walked up to my son and unwittingly said: “Excuse me son, but do you know that you’re putting diesel fuel into that Jeep?” No one seems to know about next gen diesel technology.

Engine, 5-speed auto, handling, city parking ability, tractability in the mountains, cat-quick off the line, whisper quiet speed, excellent fuel mileage, no smoke, no smell, no kidding.

Brakes. I am on second set of rears.

Very nice JEEP!
By Joey

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This is my first Jeep & I love it! Got the Limited, V6 with the leather, sunroof, heated seats & mirrors, 6 CD changer with Infinity speakers. The power is adequate for its class and has a lot of "get up and go!" I wish it was better at the pump ... only about 15-6 MPG. I'm 6'1"/240# and I have plenty of leg room in the front; the back is a bit tight for me. It's fun to drive and handles very well. Recently took it on a long road trip, and it's very comfortable and a smooth ride (It does get some wind noise). I was going to purchase foreign, but with the rebates and all that I got with this, I went with American.

All the "Extras." Leather, heated seats & mirrors, CD changer, side airbags, chrome front grill, the WICKED Red Inferno pearl coat paint (I get so MANY compliments!). The bigger wheels.

Really needs more little compartments, to put "things." Sunglass holder would be nice! Better gas mileage would be great. The glovebox could be bigger.

Jeep Liberty CRD rocks
By jfelty

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Now have 8,800 miles on CRD and I am averaging 26.8 mpg on trips at 65-70 mph. I do get almost 500 miles to a tank of fuel. Test drove the 3.7L gas engine and didn't care for the feel. The CRD is fun to drive and has loads of torque for highway cruising. Buy the CRD; the diesel is fun and gets the MPG that they advertise. Diesels require break in of several thousands of miles to get best MPG.

2.8 CRD engine, sound system, leather seats, 4WD system, fit and finish.

Larger fuel tank of 25 gallons, tow package as standard on all CRD'S.

Jeep Liberty Limited
By shannon

2005 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

i love this vehicle. I paid cash for it and it's the best vehicle I have ever purchased. It drives greatk you can hardly tell when you go over bumps in the road or train tracks. It gets good gas mileage. I can tell exactly how many miles I have left till empty as well as telling how much air pressure is in the tires and the XM radio is the best. I would recommend this vehicle to anyone.

XM radio, tire pressure reader, and how much gas you have left till empty indicator.

Heated seats, side steps is what I want to put on it.