Used 2005 Jeep Liberty Consumer Reviews - 412 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Jeep Liberty

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

engine feels like it is vapor locking
By charles Hilliard

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

This vehicle must be a lemon; I really try to like it. Had egr valve replaced at 9000 miles as engine light had came on to stay; dealer had to order the part which took about a week to get. Engine still misses and just throws a fit every once in a while; took it to dealer to get it fixed and they said it was ok. Little do they know. ha ha ha

Would like to get my Liberty fixed. Dealership has good reputation. The Jeep is basically a good vehicle.

Raise the headlamp beams and improve the interior cargo. Put the window buttons on the window not down on the center console.

Diesel Liberty
By citadelfox

2005 Jeep Liberty Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

Great Engine! The only reason I bought a Jeep. Wouldn't have even considered one of the other gas hogs they make. Looking forward to more info on whether or not we can run 50% or 100% biodiesel in the CRD safely (and without voiding the warranty). Had to replace the EGR valve already. They should really do something about that! Had a few engine lights come on, but aside from the EGR, they were not serious. Best MPG was 27.5 on a trip from UP to Milwaukee.

ENGINE.

EMISSIONS apparatus/ controls.

Love My Liberty!
By Ginnie

2005 Jeep Liberty Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I am so glad I chose to purchase my 2005 Jeep Liberty! Driving the Liberty is a wonderful experience. It handles very well. With the weight of the vehicle and the 6 cylinder, I feel very safe and driving is a dream, whether going up steep inclines or just touring around. There is a feeling of proud ownership that comes with owning my Liberty. The color (Dark Khaki), is new for 2005 and what a classy color! I have added a few accessories which gives it my personal identity. I am totally satisfied. The dealership, the service, and the sales department have been wonderful. The Liberty is THE SUV!

Great handling! Great interior! Great sound system! Great vehicle!

Would like to find a way to have the sun roof open and not be able to feel or hear the wind due to lack of design in aerodynamics.

Love my Jeep!
By Rose

2005 Jeep Liberty Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I am 6' tall - adequate head room and leg room (used to drive a Ford Explorer). Feel like I am in a larger SUV - can see above cars ahead. Nice handling. Little bit bumpy on rough road surfaces, but satisfactory or better. Buzzing noise obvious when front windows cracked, but back windows up. Have to open back windows a crack too. All in all, I love my Jeep Liberty and am a very happy owner!

Zippy 6 cylinder, nice handling, comfortable interior - everything within reach - adequate head room. Comfortable seat - nice seat height adjustment and full back support to top of head.

The buzzing noise when the front windows are cracked - annoying. Enable the seats to go back a little further.

Just buy it!
By new2diesel

2005 Jeep Liberty Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I have been driving Toyotas for years and have been pleasantly surprised by the quality, ride, power and economy of my CRD. I bought the Sport CRD with Tow package for $22,600 - brand new - what a bargain. Toyota can't touch that price. I get 23 - 28.5 mpg which is incredible for a true 4x4. So far so good!

Drain tube off of fuel filter, chrome bumper option, power window buttons on the doors not the console, stretch the vehicle 6 more inches in length.