Used 2005 Jeep Liberty Consumer Reviews - 406 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2005 Jeep Liberty

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

Still testing
By thoughtvirus

2005 Jeep Liberty Renegade Rwd 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have had 2 Jeeps in my life. My first one was a 1985 Jeep Cherokee Pioneer with the 2.8 liter V6. I loved that Jeep. So when it came time to get a new(er) vehicle, I naturally gravitated toward the Jeep. I found a 2005 Jeep Liberty Renegade for sale at a local dealership. My wife and myself felling in love with it during the test drive.
We bought this vehicle 7/12/2014 and I am hoping I have a good one. I have read the reviews and they make me edgey.

I love the Renegade because, unlike the Sport or limited 2005 Liberty's, you dont have the goofy design with the hood and headlights. (The hood humps over the headlights.) I love the interior and how everything is easy to get to.

If what I read it true, then Chrysler needs to do a better quality check on their engines.

beware jeep falling apart from day one
By darlene11

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I purchased this jeep less than a year old. I have had to have the front end replaced three times within 5 years. The air conditioner breaks every single year, had the compressor replaced twice. There have been several recalls on this jeep. One of the recalls was for the windows and was only an extended warrante where you had to pay $100 to have your windows fix when they fell down and stopped working. So here I sit now with a window down and the Jeep dealer is telling me oh your too late for the extended warrante if you want your windows fixed it will be $400 a window. Well you know what I think? I think Chrysler is a junk company and should have stepped up from the beginning and fixed then

None, the interior is too small to sit anyone in back see. Passenger seat is miserable.

Chrysler needs to step up to the plate on these trucks as they are junk just waiting to crumble. I am sadly disappointed in my jeep even after all the countless repairs and two recalls that I have had done to it, it is like driving and old junk for the used cost when I bought it of $24000... I am not impressed at all and will never purchase a Chrysler product again.

Repairs
By oregon80

2005 Jeep Liberty Renegade 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 6M)

I have a 2005 Jeep Liberty Sport 4x4 6 Speed.
Engine Runs Great, about 15 mpg city. Only 44,500 Miles, bought new. Have already had to replace Shifter, Water pump, and Power steering Hoses. Now I'm getting a Clinking noise when I take off on a hill in 1st shifting to 2nd. It's a loud clink. Once I get going the Transmission turned out to be the A frame support on the rear axel.
runs smooth and quiet. Any Ideas.
7-13-16 Getting ready to replace the Power steering pump for the 3rd time. Have had to replace the computer. and the Radiator twice. This vehical has never been off paved roads.

Eh.
By rachel152

2005 Jeep Liberty Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I've had my Liberty for about two months now. In these past few months I have spent over $1000 in repairs. First, the rear-axle had problems, and second there was a crack in my radiator. The Liberty's gas mileage is absolutely horrid. I at least get 17 mpg hwy. The interior design of the Liberty is impressive, but the audio system is bad, too. The speakers in the car do not go loud enough. It is also very loud, getting up to 70 mph in the car is like being on a jet plane. Otherwise, does good in bad weather, and is rather stylish looking. If it weren't for all the repairs and horrid gas mileage, this car would be perfect.

I Love My Liberty
By chicaboricuapr

2005 Jeep Liberty Sport Rwd 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 6M)

I love my Liberty, is comfy and reliable. Is also a gas saver. I was looking for a manula transmission SUV and I found this one. I love it. Now I'm moving to another state and I hope drive great cause I haven't been out of state with my Liberty. Also is spacious!!! I will recommended to everyone even my best friend love it.

Gas Saver. Comfy. Spacious, Safe and I love where we can control the power windows.

I have just cosmetics issues. Like my driver window broke down the motor and don't roll up so I have to remove the entire part and hold the glass with 3 screwdrivers for now. My CD player was broken cause I got it used. and the 1st owner apparently was smoker and has dogs. My back window left side stop rolling down, and do it when ever feel like it. and my A/C compressor broke down too, and with this Florida weather forget about it. But the rest is great.