Used 2004 Jeep Liberty SUV Consumer Reviews - 421 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2004 Jeep Liberty SUV

View reviews for a specific Liberty model:

Still loving it!
By KP in Ohio

2004 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

I have owned my Jeep for 5-1/2 years, and gotta say -- it is a great vehicle to drive and own. It has gotten me through the worst snow storms in Minnesota and Ohio, and has only needed regular oil changes. It still has the original tires and they still have plenty of tread left on them. This one has heated seats -- an option I didn't ask for but it was on the model I bought. These are wonderful...will never own a car without it! This is fun to drive in all seasons, but gives you peace of mind in the snow. Both of our teenagers have learned to drive on this car, and we liked it so much we bought a 2002 for our oldest. It has towed our 18 foot boat cross country without a problem.

Leather seats, sunroof, 4 wheel drive, heated seats, window buttons on middle console, 3 programmable buttons for garage door openers

Bigger glove compartment box to hold info on car, bigger area to store sunglasses

I hate it
By alm

2004 Jeep Liberty SUV Limited 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

We bought this Jeep thinking it would be reliable for our daughter as she just turned 16. So far she's terrified to drive it because the car has spun multiple times from poor traction. I've sat it in more now and see that the seats are extremely uncomfortable, the technology/music is hard to reach and you have to lean forward to get to it. The wheel base is short and the vehicle is hard to turn and maneuver when you are an inexperienced driver, I wish that my husband and I would have gotten a better car for our daughter and we are highly considering getting her a different car.

Fuel Mileage?
By Joe B.

2004 Jeep Liberty SUV Columbia Edition 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 4A)

Just bought with 103,000 on the clock. 15 mpg at first. NGK spark plugs looked like originals, burned to .085"+ gap. Replaced with Bosch Platinums, replaced air filter with K&N, cruise 60MPH or less and use cruise on even slower long straight stretches such as 45 zones that go forever for no obvious reason. Lightfoot starts and stops and I get 21 mpg now. Runs and drives like new. I am happy with it. If I need more mileage I drive the Honda Accord. I don't expect much better mileage from a Jeep. I just expect it to perform when I need it.

I love the interior layout. Controls are quite handy and ergonomic. More comfortable and fun to drive than the Accord

The headlight beam pattern and adjustments leave much to be desired. Mine and several others have the right headlight too low & won't adjust all the way back up to normal. The only problem I have. It is now close enough and fill from the fog lights on rural roads illuminates the roadway quite well.

DONT BUY!
By ventura ,ca

2004 Jeep Liberty SUV Sport 4WD 4dr SUV (2.4L 4cyl 5M)

Buying this car was the biggest mistake. With no warning I had to get the transmission fixed and after that everything went down hill. Put more money into the car than what its worth. Learned a costly lesson

Terrific Vehicle
By Jackie

2004 Jeep Liberty SUV Renegade 4WD 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5M)

Bought this vehicle brand new. I drove every other SUV out there. I didn't want to try a Jeep but my husband insisted. We bought it right on the spot after the test drive. I have never had a problem. It is like a little tank in the winter.