2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews - 27 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

This vehicle is amazing- test drive this
By Melissa s

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Summit 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I loved everything about this vehicle just because it was so amazing that I am purchasing that Jeep. If you are thinking about buying this car . There is no need to look forward you will love this vehicle because it has every safety opponent you could ever want.

It just keeps getting better.
By GRRRR32

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Summit 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

First of all I have 5.7 Liter V8 which isn’t shown in you model selector. Next the improvements from my 2014 are many and substantial. Absolutely love this Jeep, quiet, extremely well appointed and despite your editors comments I find the seats excellent and comfortable even after a ten hour drive. Uconnect is awesome but hate the need to use a USB connection to use CarPlay.

Bells and Whistles
By Mike Landis

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Upland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Thought I would give a USA automobile industry another chance. Have not owned a USA Made Auto since 1989. I now remember why! This vehicle is so bad that I decided to buy out my lease in 1 yr....sell it for a loss.....and buy a 2016 CPO: Acura MDX or Lexus 350 or 450; that is if the Bells Whistles in this vehicle don't kill me first. Nothing electronic makes any sense on the vehicle. To see the clock the whole electronics set up must be turned on. To turn it on you must first turn on the RADIO then MUTE IT. What's that all about?. Then a PC screen with about 10 icons are displayed. There are NO instruction booklets for UCONNECT or the Navigation system. Fortunately I am a Computer Programmer and can figure it out. I telephoned Jeep and they sent me (because the dealer doesn't give you one) a 650 page Owners Manual. They told me the Owners Manual is on the Autos PC but you can't read it while the car is in motion. So if you need something, and you instruct your passenger to read it he/she cannot until you stop the car. So get this: If you want to just sit around and browse through the owners manual to learn how to operate your $44000.00 vehicle, you have to sit in your vehicle. Happy Jeep was able to send me a hard copy. The ride is bumpier than the test vehicle that they used. (Can't figure that one out) The test vehicle drove like a Lexus 450. This car I feel every crack in the highway. Keyless entry is dangerous. Should be called "Brainless Entry" Last week I went to church, parked the car and luckily I backed in and had to cross in front of the engine to get to the church and realized the engine was still running. Another poor fact about keyless entry: e.g. One night your wife goes grocery shopping and hiding behind the vehicle on the PASSENGER SIDE is a 'mugger'. As she grabs the door handle HIS door unlocks!!!!!!! Now HANDLING: In this vehicle you cannot take your eyes of the road for a nano-second or you will end up in a tree. The response is way too quick and very dangerous. So, don't admire the scenery. My last four cars were a 1992 Acura Legend, a 1996 Honda Passport, a 2005 Acura MDX. All exceptional. Kept the Acura MDX for 13 yrs and now realize that I should have kept it. Extremely disappointed. MPG not as promised. Open Road I got 21. Around town 15. Average 17 Getting back to the NAV system Compare: 2005 ACURA I simple had to enter ANY business phone # and it would display the Business and the route (That was 13 yrs ago) Update disk Acura very simple. Purchase the disk and put it in the CDR drive. Jeep from what I understand is a nightmare process.

Awesome vehicle!
By Albert Atkins

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I test drove the Honda Pilot, the Hyundai Santa Fe and the Grand Cherokee. I test drove the Grand Cherokee last and it sold me. It was hands down no contest. I researched Edmonds.com for quite a while. For my driving style, the Grand Cherokee is the perfect fit. I researched the 3.6 V6 Pentax engine including a video on manufacturing, very powerful V-6! There is one feature in the car that I don't use, not yet. It is the automatic shut off when coming to stop and holding your brake pedal. During the breakdown period it is not good to subject the engine to repetitive starts versus saving gas. I am not sold on "regular gas', I fill it up with medium grade. No need for "premium gas".The leather seats are very comfortable and the lumbar support is excellent. The display screen is very intuitive and easy to use. The hatchback electronic feature is a great addition. One touch to open, one touch to close, it is that simple and effortless. I like to do basic maintenance in my car. This one is clear off the ground, no need to jack it up to drain the oil! Most importantly, where I live and when it snows I will not call sick at work that often because I can't get out of the neighborhood, I know the Jeep will get me out!

Replaced a Cadillac XTS
By Joseph Curtin

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV High Altitude 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Good value. All practical options and easy to use