2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews - 34 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Great vehicle!!
By Rene Blais

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

This is an attractive smooth maneuvering automobile!

Nice car, but Ride quality is not the best.
By Mike Jarsoon

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

The first thing i noticed is the engine, good acceleration but transmission doesn’t react fast in time of need. Brakes are average, should have been better. The seats position is awful for long drives compared to competitors like ford edge, kia sorento, Hyundai SantaFe sport. The car don’t want to turn at speed, should be under the speed limit, while the same road edge breezes through like in some bond movies, no body roll. I would get Ford Edge with 315 hp engine, the best compared to this price.

why not order the steak
By Ron B

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I've owned 7 Jeeps over a 30 Year span. Started with a 1962 Willys wagon, to a 1967 CJ pickup, to a 1990 Cherokee limited, to a 1994 Grand Cherokee Laredo,to a 1999 Grand Cherokee Limited, to a , to a 2011 Grand Cherokee Overland, to my present 2018 Grand Cherokee Limited. They were all outstanding Vehicles when compared to any other comparable offered at the time by the other manufacturers. I've Strayed from the Brand twice with a Toyota 4 runner and a GMC Envoy. Some reliability issues made me think maybe i could do better with another brand but their short comings compared to the jeep brought me back both times. My 2011 was by far the most problematic one of all but warranty covered most issues the first 3 years and i Kept Her for 4 more years and then multiple problems with the air ride suspension and AC unit and power steering unit etc. ( not to mention avg 12mpg from the 5.7 Hemi ) made me let her go. So what did I do ? I went back out a bought the 2018 GC Limited with all the same options except the Air Ride suspension and with the 3.6 V6 (avg 18 mpg so far ). Yea the Hemi had more punch but not so much that i'm missing it. Yea this one rides slightly rougher without the air ride but still a very comfortable ride for a 4500 lb SUV, and i wont be dropping thousands of dollars to have it fixed 4 or 5 years down the road. Reliability right out of the box so far ( currently 12,000 miles has been great ) No Issues yet. I usually keep my Vehicles 5-7 years plus. I believe no matter what man made machine you buy It will have its own set of qwerks and mechanical issues. Sure some more than others but regardless It is my opinion that Jeep Grand Cherokee is the best most capable most luxurious SUV that can be driven off road, get down and dirty when needed, get you through the worst of weather conditions ( i live in the N. East ) and still make you look good wearing your Suit and Tie to a Fancy Restaurant and handing the Valet attendant your keys. You would have to spend more money to get anything close to what these Vehicles offer and even then chances are the jeep will out perform it.

Terrible
By FS

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Electronics don't work! Remote start,camera,etc. All don't work on a 6 day old car. Customer service is brain dead and refuse to help or take responsibility.

LEMON! Willing to put your family at risk!
By Jonathan Crimmins

2018 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

BUYERS BEWARE!!! Especially those with families!!! Had a 17 Grand Cherokee. It would shut off while driving. It happened more than once and it was not throwing a code nor could they replicate the problem. It was elevated to FCA (Fiat Chrysler Automotive) after I refused to take the vehicle back after no repair attempt was made and i was just told to take the car back. I thought if Jeep knew it was a safety issue they would absolutely help us out! I just wanted another car to live out the life of my loan or credit as a trade in. No solution was offered they just told me it needed to happen again while they drove it and I was told to pick it up. Their solution was to have me and my two babies,under 3, drive around and replicate it then have it towed in....if we didn’t die first!!! We ended up selling it to car max, apparently according to Jeep there was no problem. That’s not a good business practice to put small children in danger to make a buck. We also called the dealership to see if they would just take it back and be even, they said no. Wonder why. We lost about $13,000 in the form of our trade in, money down, payments made for a year and then had to pay $1,100 just to get rid of the car. I cannot believe how money hungry this company is. It makes me sad, I never thought such a well known dealer would treat good customers like this. So now i want to let future good customers know how they do business.