It's hard to find a truly off-road-ready SUV these days, especially at a reasonable price. But if you're shopping for one, Jeep has you covered with the 2017 Grand Cherokee.
Off-road prowess isn't the Grand Cherokee's only trick, though. Three compelling engines help set the Jeep Grand Cherokee apart. The base 3.6-liter gasoline V6 delivers decent power and fuel economy; the optional turbocharged 3.0-liter diesel V6 increases fuel economy considerably and also pumps up the low-end torque. As for the available 5.7-liter V8, it sounds great and rivals the diesel with its robust towing capacity.
In addition to its well-sorted powertrains, the Grand Cherokee offers just about every upscale amenity and high-tech option you can think of. A premium interior and serious versatility make the Grand Cherokee a standout in the class. For Trail Rated luxury in a stylish package, the 2017 Jeep Grand Cherokee is certainly tough to top.
- Appealing engines, including a thrifty diesel V6 and a brawny V8
- Enough off-road ability to conquer practically any trail
- Plush interior with plentiful luxury and technology
- Impressive tow ratings for the class
- Diesel engine is noisy at idle and low speeds
- Ride quality may disappoint, even with air suspension