Used 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews - 191 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Terrible Diesel engine
By Daryl

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Multiple returns to dealer for problems with Diesel engine. Towed to dealers twice. Plus a vacation interruption because it went into limp mode. At a dealer now for past two weeks 200 miles from home. Multiple visits for engine light being on. Injectors replaced once. Catalytic converter replaced once. Many more problems. The engine does perform great when not in shop.

2014 GC Limited 4WD
By Joe

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Just purchase an one owner with 112K miles. I am impressed with its very low road and tire noise, engine and transmission smoothness, and its gas mileage. On the drive back from Knoxville on a 400 mile trip, its actual mpg was 27.5mpg. Its 25 gallon tank is great for road trips. My son's 2008 GC with its thirsty 3.7L V-6 hardly got 19mpg on highway. Seat comfort and handling are very good. The IP info are easy to scroll thru while driving. The U Connect is one of the best and simplest to operate I have ever seen. Many people think how wonder Toyota is......I sold my ( purchased new) 2016 Toyota Tacoma TRD sport since I could not stand its wimpy V-6 and terrible 6 speed transmission. Toyota with all its mighty should look at FCA and learn from its 3.6L engine and its 8 speed transmission. I know there were confusion with 2014-2015 GC shifter lever but I do not find it confusing. It is different and you must pay attention to it, understand and learn it but it is not a terrible shifter. FCA has done an excellent job with 2014-present GCs. I hope they continue their great work and don't cut corners on next generation WL version.

Disappointing
By C.S.N

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I had always wanted a Jeep Grand Cherokee growing up. That’s why in oct 2016 at the age of 31 I was thrilled when I purchased a 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee. That’s when my nightmare began. I received recalls in the mail every week (I wish I was kidding). One day while driving home from work my car went completely dead while I was going 70mph on the interstate. Thankfully I was able to pull off onto the shoulder before it completely turned its self off. The Jeep just doesn’t drive smooth. The alignment has always been off. The car would hit any bump in the road and slide around very easily. I eventually became very scared to drive the Jeep. I didn’t know if it was going to break down yet again due to another recall, or if I would lose control while driving due to the poor alignment. Luckily I was able to trade my Jeep in for a Chevy and get out of my loan. Never again will I purchase a Jeep. Such a disappointment .

Blessed
By Krivas

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Transmission issues are definitely something to consider, so make sure you research the crap out of the vehicle you’re considering.

Yes , it’s diesel and I love it!!
By Paul

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Bought it brand new in April of 2014 after watching it sit on the dealers inventory from ZNoverber of 2013. Buyers and sales people weren’t sure the Fiat Brand Diesel engine was a good fit for the Grand Cherokee. In my opinion, it’s perfect. Admit the first year, with four returns to the dealer for service updates, new sensors and catalytic converter ( all warranty work) but inconvenient. They got it right. Have 34,450 miles and it is a great . Extremely reliable once FMC got the bugs out. Super mileage at 29 in town and 34 highway. Absolutely no concerns with New England winters.