Used 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews - 177 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

2014 Jeep GC is the best SUV available
By markansas

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I have the Limited 4x4, 3.6 Liter V-6 gasoline with Advanced Technology Group, the Lux Group II, Trailer Tow Group IV, Exterior Appearance Group, Off-Road Adventure I and the Uconnect Nav option. I drove a Mercedes SUV, a Land Rover, the Audi Q5 and Q7 and the Volvo X90. I liked the Limited GC better than all of them and relative to cost, I LOVED the Limited GC. The others are so overpriced relative to the Limited GC.

For all the reviews complaining about the diesel engine, I ask this: Why in the Hades did you buy the diesel? It cost an extra $4200 + tax and it is no savings over a gasoline engine given that diesel fuel is 20% or so more expensive than 87 octane. Diesel = not a smart buy

Update 6.19.17:
Has been a great experience owning and driving this vehicle. Have not had any issues with anything thus far. Awesome gas mileage both city and hwy. Very comfortable. Handles well. Plenty of cargo space for most any needs.

The only marks against the Grand Cherokee at this point are the navigation system and the bluetooth phone connection. The navigation system is not easy to use and the map does not work as well as it should. The phone system does not have good sound quality for the person you are calling (where is the mic?) and it talks too much. Just dial the number and do not tell me 3 times who I am calling and what to do after I have concluded my call.

Do not buy
By scjc6003

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I purchased a 2014 diesel Grand Cherokee for multiple reasons. It got great gas mileage, could tow more than some trucks (we have horses), it can do off-road (at farms) and still fit in a parking garage in DC. This vehicle WOULD have been the perfect vehicle however it has been in the shop at least once in 8 of the last 12 months I have owned it. It qualifies for VA lemon law on two accounts and Jeep still will not assist me. Its really too bad because the vehicle could have been a real home run - if it worked. Lost vacation time, spent hours at the garage, etc. and it still doesn't work. Going in next week to get the cruise control fixed.

More storage area up front. Design later models so they work - and for the love of family, fix or replace the poor folks struggling with the 2014 model.

Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4X4 Diesel (ADV TECH)
By jeepgcfan

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

This is an update to a couple of reviews I have made on this car. As much as it pains me to say, please avoid the 2014 JGC Diesel and probably Jeeps altogether. My car has currently around 9K miles and has been in the shop 5-6 times. The last few times have been related to the diesel engine (catalytic converter was changed, engine light turned on a few times, and now a pipe in the diesel engine cracked. This resulted in exhaust fumes going everywhere. It is a true shame as this has been a car I had been waiting to buy for years. Chrysler really needs to improve its build quality and reliability as well as provide options for folks with lemons. I guess I am going the lemon law route. AVOID IT

Irrelevant if the car doesn't work.

Please improve reliability. This would be a great car if it worked.

Power - Embarassing - Noisey
By hebron112

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I love my first ever GC. I had the fabric seats changed to leather and it is brilliant and only 6 months old.I am blown away by the power when you hit the accelerator even compared to my Dodge Nitro (petrol). The Laredo can throw you back in your seat. Love it! The paddle shifts that I thought were just a gimmick are great when towing which it also a winner in my book.All the electronics are impressive compared to my previous Dodge.It looks good and for an SUV is reasonably quiet. The only 2 x things that annoy me actually embarrass me and Jeep could have avoided which is the foot brake alarms and warnings and the door hinges able to overextend. It has a weird intermittent noise in the transmission when slowing down below 40km/hr. It sounds like a hydraulic valve releasing under load but the workshop has fitted shims to the drive line, replaced the driveshaft and put a new transfer box in and it still makes the noise although not as often. Performance still great. I have managed to bust the inside of the consul tray which is annoying but probably my fault.

Diesel disaster
By pmoriarty

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Nice looking and fun to drive, but spends most of its life at the dealer. Check engine light on for most of it's short life. Dealer cannot fix emissions problems and my Rejected inspection sticker is running out. Car will be illegal to drive shortly and have no fix.

Unbelievable.

Avoid this vehicle at all costs!!!

Design a usable vehicle.