Used 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews - 176 Car Reviews | Edmunds

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Best car i ever owned!
By Peter

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Owned since mid 2013. Almost 90,000 miles . Had zero problems. doing all maintnance by myself. Very dependable vehicle. For future use - parts are cheap and avalible everywhere. If transmission goes bad they run around 400 slightly used. I drive a lot so I get usually from my cars around 250-350 k miles and i am sure i will get this out of this 2014 grand cherokee.

Very Happy with my 2014 JeepGrandCherokee Limited
By JOHN REICH

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Great car but trans lever is horrible!
By Phil

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Just got the car this week. Our old 99 grand Cherokee was on life support. The 99 had served its purpose, hauling, towing, winter driving, but had been troublesome from day one. Reads lots of reviews and it appears things have improved. Got a 2014 with 28k miles, v6, 4wd. Drives nice, quiet, plenty of power and tows our boat very well. Loads of nice features. The car has a heavy, solid feel. But the damn shift lever! What is that about? It's a ridiculous design and it takes total concentration to get the thing in D or R. Maybe we'll get used to it in time.

Update

Have put about 10 k miles on this car. Still hate the shift level and the fussy dash screen for climate, radio controls. The screen died and dealer had to reprogram the thing.

Great car for traveling, hauling and towing. Base v6 and 8 speed trans are excellent match. Very solid car, no squeaks or rattles, very quiet cabin. At 70 mph the car is quiet as a tomb. We have the base model, didn't want all the confusing and troublesome digital stuff but memory seat adjustments would be nice as wife and I are so different in size. Otherwise the car is very nicely equipped for a bottom line model.

I would recommend this car. Interested to see how it holds up long term. Pretty good so far.

Great car!
By E Goggin

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I have had two Ford Explorers, an Escape, a Lexus 450h, a Lincoln MKX and others, but this Jeep bests them all. EWG

Don't buy a Diesel
By Jodi

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

We own at 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland Diesel. I love the car it drives great when it drives. That's the key point here. It's been serviced 14 times yes 14 and today as I write this it's in again and now for 2 weeks the list is growing and now they found metal in the oil pan. We don't know what we can do. We bought it in MO and now live in CO. I truly love the car and the way it drives and the Diesel has been great on gas mileage we own a Dodge 2500 Diesel. But I can't handle all the endless trips to the dealership. It has stranded me 2x and almost caused a serious accident when the engine stopped going at 60mph. We filled a lemon claim but all we got was a letter back saying thank you for submitting. I sure hope no one else has to go through this nightmare.