Used 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews - 176 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Don't but a Grand Cherokee
By dnbj

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

The Eco Diesel has seen a number of problems. My Grand Cherokee has been at the dealers for 6 weeks. FCA Tech Line could not figure it out, until I called their customer service line.

it was fun to drive for 6 month, couldn't tell you the last 6 weeks as it is at the dealership.

Before a vehicle goes on the market fix the designs flaws.

RUN
By titu27

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I was excited to purchase this vehicle after doing much research on it. This is my first American car, but I think after this purchase, I will never buy American again. It's recall after recall and the parts are rarely available. Several times I've tried to get into my car and the remote didn't work, didn't recognize the key nor did it start. I love the ride of the truck and the look, but it's not worth it in the long run. I need a safer vehicle and I'm disappointed that this did not make the mark.

2014 JGC Overland Diesel 4X4 Advance Tech PKG
By Juan Danzilo

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

This is an update to the review I originally wrote on this car a while back. I have had the car for about 6000 miles and this is what my experience has been. Love the diesel. Given gas prices declining would go for a V8 today though. This is my 3rd JGC and is an amazing car - if it was reliable. Chrysler needs to realize they are not selling Jeep grand cherokees at $50K they are selling $50K cars period. With that should come better reliability, service, and build quality. My JGC has gone to the dealer twice for check engine light and will need to go in again next week. The passenger door rattles and the leather split after about 100 miles... $50K is good value but it still has to work!

The car is packed with technology that for me works really well. Heated seats were amazing in the winter along with a very robust middle console layer. We also love the air suspension and being able to get 30 MPG on the highway with the diesel.

Chrysler needs to build reliable cars. Most people who can afford a $50K car don't have a lot of time. The last thing they want to do is spend hours in dealerships or service departments. Reliability matters. It only takes one bad experience to get customers to switch. It would be a good idea to offer better sound system options. This is a no-brainer and every other manufacturer does it. The seats are also a little uncomfortable. You should offer a higher luxury package that comes with seats that extent. The door panel rattles with any vibration (road, music, engine even!!)

Get me out of this mess!
By Jeff Shepherd

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I am considering standing outside my local Jeep dealership with a sign that reads " talk to me before you buy a Grand Cherokee" I have had electrical issue after electrical issue, transmission, all exterior lights quit working, wipers come on randomly,climate control either hot or cold, fuel cap would not open,random check engine light which could not be duplicated at dealership,five factory recalls, still waiting on parts for two of these. they always tell me there were software updates for this vehicle but I have no way of knowing these updates exist because Jeep is not required to notify you, so unless you are back at the dealership for routine service the updates are never done. GRRRRRR!

The Unfixable Water Leak
By Kelsie DeWalt

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

This is the fourth time that I've had water leak in to my 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee. When I discovered the issue, I contacted the dealership. They had my car for 3 weeks and told me that after extensive testing they could not recreate the leak and to come and pick up my vehicle. Two days later I was the dealer again. Weeks passed with my Jeep in the dealership service bays until they fixed it. A month later I was back with more water leaking into my trunk, pooling where the spare is located, and flowing in to the rear floor boards. It took them another 2 weeks to fix it. I had my car for two months with no issue. Currently, my car is sitting at another dealership with a water leak.