Used 2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews - 181 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4X4 Diesel (ADV TECH)
By jeepgcfan

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

This is an update to a couple of reviews I have made on this car. As much as it pains me to say, please avoid the 2014 JGC Diesel and probably Jeeps altogether. My car has currently around 9K miles and has been in the shop 5-6 times. The last few times have been related to the diesel engine (catalytic converter was changed, engine light turned on a few times, and now a pipe in the diesel engine cracked. This resulted in exhaust fumes going everywhere. It is a true shame as this has been a car I had been waiting to buy for years. Chrysler really needs to improve its build quality and reliability as well as provide options for folks with lemons. I guess I am going the lemon law route. AVOID IT

Irrelevant if the car doesn't work.

Please improve reliability. This would be a great car if it worked.

Power - Embarassing - Noisey
By hebron112

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

I love my first ever GC. I had the fabric seats changed to leather and it is brilliant and only 6 months old.I am blown away by the power when you hit the accelerator even compared to my Dodge Nitro (petrol). The Laredo can throw you back in your seat. Love it! The paddle shifts that I thought were just a gimmick are great when towing which it also a winner in my book.All the electronics are impressive compared to my previous Dodge.It looks good and for an SUV is reasonably quiet. The only 2 x things that annoy me actually embarrass me and Jeep could have avoided which is the foot brake alarms and warnings and the door hinges able to overextend. It has a weird intermittent noise in the transmission when slowing down below 40km/hr. It sounds like a hydraulic valve releasing under load but the workshop has fitted shims to the drive line, replaced the driveshaft and put a new transfer box in and it still makes the noise although not as often. Performance still great. I have managed to bust the inside of the consul tray which is annoying but probably my fault.

Diesel disaster
By pmoriarty

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

Nice looking and fun to drive, but spends most of its life at the dealer. Check engine light on for most of it's short life. Dealer cannot fix emissions problems and my Rejected inspection sticker is running out. Car will be illegal to drive shortly and have no fix.

Unbelievable.

Avoid this vehicle at all costs!!!

Design a usable vehicle.

Major transmission defect
By pugluv

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

About 6 months into ownership the transmission completely failed. After several weeks of trying to get information about what the problem was, not to mention a big hassle about getting a loaner, we were suddenly called and told the car was ready. I'm sure I was in denial for a long time about what was going on with the car, but the transmission was still not right and I didn't feel safe. And in the meantime I was receiving recalls and being told the dealership didn't have the parts to fix, if I was even able to get someone on the phone. The service departments in both my local dealerships just suck! I'll never buy another Chrysler product again!

Don't but a Grand Cherokee
By dnbj

2014 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 8A)

The Eco Diesel has seen a number of problems. My Grand Cherokee has been at the dealers for 6 weeks. FCA Tech Line could not figure it out, until I called their customer service line.

it was fun to drive for 6 month, couldn't tell you the last 6 weeks as it is at the dealership.

Before a vehicle goes on the market fix the designs flaws.