Used 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews - 24 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Like Star Trek, "Boldly go," where few others can.
By David Barsky

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

The 2013 Grand Cherokee Laredo I purchased had 83,000 when I picked it up. My only complaint with the Laredo I have at this point is the UConnect system that comes on even when I haven't pushed any buttons. Its great on gas and only needs regular. My only other complaint is a small one, less gauges then my 2004. The 2013 I have has on demand 4X4 and automatic traction control. Yes, this is my second Jeep Laredo and with my 2013 came a factory installed sunroof, AC outlet, two cigarette style charging stations, a USB port, a center console box with a shelf and deep bottom. A 5 speed automatic with an over drive. When my Jeep is in ECO mode, my Jeep has gotten 45 mpg. Even when coasting in local traffic I've gotten amazing fuel mileage. What this Jeep is missing like all Jeeps is Blindspot technology but there good aftermarket packages available by auto specialty shops for up to $900.00. The 2013 Grand Cherokee Laredo lost space in the cargo area in favor of more comfortable front and rear seating. It comes with a locking fuel cap. When I purchased my used Laredo, I purchased a bumper to bumper warranty from Zurich. With all the electronics, some from Mercedes, I wasn't going to take any chances. My Jeep like many 2013 Laredos came through with a key held car starter and the Mercedes push button ignition system. I hope it continues to be great Jeep. I have driven this Jeep through Uber and have received lots of compliments.

Jeep
By Lawrence Wagner

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

At 38000 miles it started falling apart. The car had never been off road and only in snow twice. Needed to replace water pump at 38000 mile and then took to dealer for a factory recall and the gave us a suggested repair order for exhaust manifold replacement, power steering rack replacement and a few other odds and ends totaling almost $6000. The car now sits on a GM lot.

honest 5 year review
By DARBRAD

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have 86,000 miles on my 2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4x4. I have driven it all over California , Arizona and lived in Colorado for 3 years. Bottom line, this car does what it does better than any car in its class. The bet MIX of off road and on road manners you are going to find, ITS HARD TO DO BOTH. Jeep does it the best with this car. I have always had crazy things going off with hard shifting , noises etc from the transmission and transfer case. Pretty sure its a problem with Chrysler because I had a dodge ram truck 4x4 in my 3 years i lived in Colorado and i had the same issues. THE MOTOR: the V6 is bullet proof, gives you towing power that just isn't found in most SUV's in this class. period. In 2018, Jeep is one of the only smaller SUV's that have any real towing ability. Ive towed a Pop tent trailer all over the mountains of colorado. This is no V8 power but it will get you there. FIT and finish. Everything till works and nothing is broken. Some wear on the seats but I still have the same battery! very reliable in this section. PERFORMANCE- GREAT in all weather, escpecially in the snow. pair with the correct tires and you can do almost anything. Deep snow, no problem, Rain, no problem. WHEN IT COMES TIME TO REPLACE THE SHOCKS- STICK WITH OEM. I went with after market bilstiens and was underwhelmed.( i have a few on other cars and was super impressed). GAS MILEAGE- pretty much sucks. almost the same as the V8 truck 4x4 I had. 86,000 miles and the transfer case has gone out. Its in the shop right now. $4.500 to replace( it got stuck in 4 Wheel LOW when i was testing it). JEEP stepped up ( i was over the in service years by 5 months but under the 100,000 mile power train warranty. they paid for 1/2 of the cost( their cost which was lower than $4,500). I thought that was a pretty good deal and I appreciated them stepping up to help me. REPAIRS- I have replaced the shocks because I wanted Bilstiens and thought they would need them soon anyway. I have replaced all of the brakes and rotors, I installed a new Water pump( i did this myself because a code kept coming up- i never noticed anything Wrong but had it checked at Autozone for free). This repair was easy and I am no mechanic- Youtube is your friend). I had to replace right front bearing housing. It got demolished from the snow but didn't go out until I moved out of Colorado. THIS took forever to get off because it was rusted/welded on. this repair is beyond most people.I had my mechanic do it because I couldn't get it off. 5 years and 86,000 miles and she runs great with a few small repairs and one big repair( the transfer case had to be entirely replaced- bearing inside went out and tore the whole unit up)

Last Jeep
By Warning

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Check that all of the many factory recalls have been completed. I have had non start issues even though the dealer said they were completed. They cannot find the problem and told me the next time it does not start have it towed to them. I have 41000 miles and it is not covered by factory recalls. I left it for the day recently and paid $140.00 and they could not find why the car won't start intermittently. They did recommend i replace the rear windshield wiper for $36.00? and have an alignment? The car had an alignment recently not at the dealer. This is my fourth Jeep and my last one.

Still Going Strong
By Rod Barneycastle

2013 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is actually a 5.7L Hemi. Comfortable, quiet, and tows like a champ.
Still going strong after 5+ years. Safety proven when my wife hit a deer at 70mph.
No injuries. Had to replace all front sheetmetal, but passengers didn't get a scratch.