Used 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews - 142 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

2011 Laredo X 4X4- perfect vehicle!!!
By dmaccioc

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in a 3-series after realizing it wasn't as practical as I needed it to be.
I haven't missed the 3 at all since getting the Grand Cherokee.
The Jeep is about 5x more comfortable, with plenty of space for my 6'4" frame.
Never having owned an American car before, I was blown away by the build quality, comfort, ride, and complete absence of noise, vibration, and harshness.
I did not buy this to drive fast and the V6 has enough overall power, though there are times when you can feel that it's moving such a heavy vehicle.
Best highway mileage has been 23.8, not bad with less than 900 miles and 2 adults/cargo/ac doing 80mph!

Comfortable seats, great visibility, interior lighting, keyless entry, touch screen nav (as opposed to my 3's dial), nice open sunroof, ride height one of the highest in it's class, one year of Sirius radio, strong stereo. Nice engine note in the V6.

Auto wipers as part of Laredo X, nav addresses entered when in drive. Change holder hidden somewhere? Minor complaints, obviously!

Problems
By nuerny

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I purchased the car new and it's been in for service more than it's been on the road. I've had electrical problems with the headlights and interior lights flickering. The seat belt warning light and chime going on and off intermittently and the dealer can't find any problems. Now I'm having starting issues. I'm sorry I purchased this vehicle. Jeep service is terrible!

Better service to customers.

A dream come true
By n0riebel

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

The new GC sure lived up to all the hype, at least in our opinion. Jeep designers really listened to all the suggestions that customers had to offer, making this a best buy. We chose the Limited with the upgraded NAV and Tow Package. The Panoramic Sunroof is my wife's favorite feature of the new Jeep. The ride is superb, noise levels inside are significantly lower than anything in it's class (that we could find). A normal conversation can be held while traveling at highway speeds.

We average 24mpg highway @ 70mph, 19.5mpg city- of course this will get better once the vehicle breaks-in. 1800miles and only a small issue with compatibility with our iPhones & the USB plug in the console.

Panoramic Sunroof Satellite Radio/ NAV High Stance/ Profile Plenty of leg room in front & rear seats Nice choice of materials with the interior Great aftermarket- Mopar/Jeep Slush Mats

Capability to download updates ourself- Phone software compatibility

Never thought I'd buy Jeep/American...
By m11170

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

...but this Grand Cherokee is THAT good. Excellent design, fit and finish. Very good value for the money in my opinion. We have only owned for 3 weeks so far, but have taken a road trip and found the J GC very comfortable all around. The electronics all work fine, and the ergonomics are well laid-out. The voice recognition system is also very convenient and helps keep the driver's focus on the road where it belongs.

We have had to take the J GC in for one issue - 3 days into ownership the airbag light came on. Turns out an airbag sensor in the door became disconnected. Must not have been attached firmly at the Jeep factory in Michigan. Once plugged back in all has been well.

Suspension, uConnect system, back-up camera, voice recognition, Pentastar v6 motor

Do not understand why driver seat memory does not come on all J GCs that have power seats. This is a very simple switch and it is inconvenient to move seats between my wife and I when we each drive. If my 2000 SAAB Viggen has seat memory, a 2011 J GC should without having to go up to the Limited/Overland trims.

great SUV; AC concern
By tenpro

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This GC (2011)s only 8 weeks old,
Very fun to drive and very comfortable.
Already have 10k miles.
Have had Chryslers x5 in the past and made the switch to Jeep.
The exterior is amazing, great design and great color.

Only one concern, travel alot and have a problem with the AC.
Blows high when on low and vice versa without adjusting the settings.
Also, on a 19 hr trip, AC stopped for over 5 hrs!!
Has been in shop x4---mechanics cannot find problem,
Anyone having these problems too? Or solutions?

Exterior, interior, Smooth ride, Fun to drive