Used 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews - 142 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

I love my first jeep
By contino

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This suv is great, its tough but gentle, quite,and elegant, its the sharpest vehicle out there for the money. At 15000 thousand miles, only one problem with it, a simple wheel alignment
when first purchased.The v6 is a solid power plant, after 7000 thousand miles I've seen the gas mileage at 25 highway and 16 to 18 city, not bad for a vehicle with a 4 wheel drive system and 5 thousand pounds of steel. Sure the engine is not the fastest, but its moves the Jeep with respect, I could live with that at the pump. Can't wait for snow again...

Low gear in the 4wheel drive system, the ride, the stereo, quite, GPS,interior,exterior gas mileage,get it, almost everything.

Coin holder,simple hybrid system for 20 mpg in the city.

This Is Jeep's Finest Hour!
By tucsonguy2

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned this Overland V8 Hemi for nearly 2 months now, and I am still just as impressed as the day I bought it. This is a quiet, strong, well-behaved, high-quality vehicle that is loaded with amenities like heated and cooled seats, power liftgate, adaptive cruise control, blind spot warning, and much more. The interior is very nice, and this vehicle can hold its own against any of the higher-priced luxury brand SUVs from Germany and Japan. I have owned a number of Grand Cherokees in the past, but this one is clearly a cut above past models... perhaps they should have called it the Grand Slam, because that's what they have hit! This is one beautiful vechicle that I am proud to own.

There are so many things that I like about this vehicle, that it is impossible to single out one or two.

Although this vehicle is about as good as it gets, it would be nice if they could have squeezed a little more MPG into it; however, this isn't the type of vehicle that you buy for great mileage.

Jeepgirl has bought her last Jeep :-(
By jeepgirl712

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 4th and last Jeep. I have love all my other ones, but this new 2011 is not the same. I went from the V8 Hemi to the new Penstar V6. The MPG are much better, however it is loud and sounds like its in the wrong gear. sometimes i think it might blow up. I have had trouble with the bluetooth it just stops working. they don't know why. the remote start is not always working either. It just does not handle as smooth as my 2005. The power seats do not tilt down in the front like the older Jeeps. I need that to keep the seat from cutting into the back of my legs. sometime change is not for the best.

So far, so good!
By m11171

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Replaced our trusty 2002 4Runner with a 2011 JGC Laredo. Closing in on 3K miles at this point, so have spent enough time to provide an early review.

First, we did need to bring the Jeep back to the dealer a few days after driving it off the lot b/c an airbag light came on. Turns out a sensor in the door came loose. That was inconvenient but so far the only issue we had - dealer took care of it under warranty.

Wife and I love the exterior styling and interior quality. I never would have considered buying a JEEP/Chrysler product before this...the JGC is that good. VERY comfortable, V-6 isn't fast, but isn't slow, either. All around excellent vehicle.

Interior comfort, design, fit and finish, attractive exterior lines, Pentastar V-6, Stereo system, ride & handling, safety features

memory seating setting should come standard on all power seats, backup camera system should show trajectory

Die Hard Jeep fan driven away from Jeep, by Jeep
By bboston1724

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Great car let down by crappy components.
When will Chrysler get it?
The car was in the shop for almost a month.
Dealer recommended having it bought back, but I just traded it in for a BMW.
The transfercase failed, which was replaced and then had all sorts of driveline problems as a result.
Rear shock failed, and brakes were warped by 7500 miles.
The last 100 miles was just driving it back and forth to the dealer for problems.
I'm disappointed as a former die hard Jeep fan, that was my 7th and probably last Jeep.
The dealer and Chrysler did little to keep me happy.

Air Suspension, ventilated seats, sumptuous interior, great looks, convenient features.

Reliability, durability, customer service, and dealer service.