Used 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews - 141 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

This Is Jeep's Finest Hour!
By tucsonguy2

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have owned this Overland V8 Hemi for nearly 2 months now, and I am still just as impressed as the day I bought it. This is a quiet, strong, well-behaved, high-quality vehicle that is loaded with amenities like heated and cooled seats, power liftgate, adaptive cruise control, blind spot warning, and much more. The interior is very nice, and this vehicle can hold its own against any of the higher-priced luxury brand SUVs from Germany and Japan. I have owned a number of Grand Cherokees in the past, but this one is clearly a cut above past models... perhaps they should have called it the Grand Slam, because that's what they have hit! This is one beautiful vechicle that I am proud to own.

There are so many things that I like about this vehicle, that it is impossible to single out one or two.

Although this vehicle is about as good as it gets, it would be nice if they could have squeezed a little more MPG into it; however, this isn't the type of vehicle that you buy for great mileage.

Jeepgirl has bought her last Jeep :-(
By jeepgirl712

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

This is my 4th and last Jeep. I have love all my other ones, but this new 2011 is not the same. I went from the V8 Hemi to the new Penstar V6. The MPG are much better, however it is loud and sounds like its in the wrong gear. sometimes i think it might blow up. I have had trouble with the bluetooth it just stops working. they don't know why. the remote start is not always working either. It just does not handle as smooth as my 2005. The power seats do not tilt down in the front like the older Jeeps. I need that to keep the seat from cutting into the back of my legs. sometime change is not for the best.

So far, so good!
By m11171

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Replaced our trusty 2002 4Runner with a 2011 JGC Laredo. Closing in on 3K miles at this point, so have spent enough time to provide an early review.

First, we did need to bring the Jeep back to the dealer a few days after driving it off the lot b/c an airbag light came on. Turns out a sensor in the door came loose. That was inconvenient but so far the only issue we had - dealer took care of it under warranty.

Wife and I love the exterior styling and interior quality. I never would have considered buying a JEEP/Chrysler product before this...the JGC is that good. VERY comfortable, V-6 isn't fast, but isn't slow, either. All around excellent vehicle.

Interior comfort, design, fit and finish, attractive exterior lines, Pentastar V-6, Stereo system, ride & handling, safety features

memory seating setting should come standard on all power seats, backup camera system should show trajectory

Die Hard Jeep fan driven away from Jeep, by Jeep
By bboston1724

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Great car let down by crappy components.
When will Chrysler get it?
The car was in the shop for almost a month.
Dealer recommended having it bought back, but I just traded it in for a BMW.
The transfercase failed, which was replaced and then had all sorts of driveline problems as a result.
Rear shock failed, and brakes were warped by 7500 miles.
The last 100 miles was just driving it back and forth to the dealer for problems.
I'm disappointed as a former die hard Jeep fan, that was my 7th and probably last Jeep.
The dealer and Chrysler did little to keep me happy.

Air Suspension, ventilated seats, sumptuous interior, great looks, convenient features.

Reliability, durability, customer service, and dealer service.

2011 Laredo X 4X4- perfect vehicle!!!
By dmaccioc

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I traded in a 3-series after realizing it wasn't as practical as I needed it to be.
I haven't missed the 3 at all since getting the Grand Cherokee.
The Jeep is about 5x more comfortable, with plenty of space for my 6'4" frame.
Never having owned an American car before, I was blown away by the build quality, comfort, ride, and complete absence of noise, vibration, and harshness.
I did not buy this to drive fast and the V6 has enough overall power, though there are times when you can feel that it's moving such a heavy vehicle.
Best highway mileage has been 23.8, not bad with less than 900 miles and 2 adults/cargo/ac doing 80mph!

Comfortable seats, great visibility, interior lighting, keyless entry, touch screen nav (as opposed to my 3's dial), nice open sunroof, ride height one of the highest in it's class, one year of Sirius radio, strong stereo. Nice engine note in the V6.

Auto wipers as part of Laredo X, nav addresses entered when in drive. Change holder hidden somewhere? Minor complaints, obviously!