Used 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews - 142 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Best GC yet
By vidguy72

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I've owned quite a few Grand Cherokees.I have a video production company and drive the heck out of them mostly loaded with gear.I've had the '11 for just over a year and have put 66K miles on it. To date the only REAL issue is the clunk in the rear (that I can't find the source of) and the poor quality seat. Regarding the seat, I'm 5'10" 175 lbs and I have a couple of springs or something coming through the bottom cushion, along with the material looking worn already. My seat in my '09 with 100K still looks new. Other than that, super comfortable, great gas mileage (V6), decent power, nice features blah blah blah. Overall I love it. Once back to the dealer for tranny reprogram.

ride quality, V6 engine quality, interior layout, independent rear suspension.

Better seat quality. Better, more responsive transmission (although I hear this is fixed for 2012).

Poor suspension
By driver109

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Purchased a Jeep Overland only to find that the suspension produces a very loud 'bang' noise upon recoil when going over a pothole or bump.
This is on all 4 wheels and Chrysler and the Dealership acknowledge the issue in both 2011 and 2012 models and say it's a 'characterisitic of the vehicle'.
Can you believe that?
This is supposed to be a vehicle that can 'take you anywhere'.

Chrysler acknowledges the problem but won't fix it.
See for yourself...take one for a test drive and go over a speed bump or ride off a curb...it's simply shocking!!!!!

Don't buy one...

New suspension...but they said they won't do it or issue a recall!!!!!! And they call that customer service!!!!

Best Jeep Grand Cherokee yet hands down!!!
By jeepgirl21

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my Jeep Grand Cherokee technically last year but less than a year ago. I love this Jeep. I've had Cherokees before and the inside of this new one definitely takes the cake. So comfortable, and very usable. I'm not sure what the last lady was talking about and maybe she just had a bad apple which can happen with any brand but I have never driven anything that was this worry free. I love this Jeep and will drive it anywhere knowing I'm fine and won't have issues. I had a BMW before this and had issue after issue and they didn't want to help me out. Not only that the run flats on the BMW were hell to replace. "no cost to owner' my butt on the Beemer. Thanks BMW but I'll stick with Jeep!!

Nav, heated leather seats, interior lighting, drives awesome. And fuel economy. Oh also the sunroof is nice. Turn by turn nav and Sirius Satellite are awesome as well.

Maybe put limited model rims on even the Laredo x.

My overland.
By wbastidas

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I drive a 2011 Overland loaded!
I used to be so proud of my Jeep and would brag about it to everyone.
Not anymore!
So far the truck has been back to the dealer five times… thank god not for mechanical failures (so far)
but for cosmetic reason.
After owning several Jeeps, I wanted some luxury, style and of course towing capacity.
So after looking into the X5, Lexus 350 and the Expedition…I chose my Overland, boy do I regret my decision!!!
The overland is fun to drive, slick looking and just all around FUN.
The problem is how the inside of the Jeep was done and how bad the materials used inside are wearing down in such a small period of time.
The dash board had to be replaced because th

great 4 x 4
By reber1

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

Bought my new jeep because I wanted a vehicle to match my lifestyle. It replaced my 93 GC. I liked it so mutch i had to have a new one. So far at 19,000 miles i am impressed. It has impressive power (5.7 Hemi), awsome off-road ability, and handles pavement like a sedan. To date no issues what so ever. I would suggest though if you drive a lot on gravel get the optional mudflaps. I am not a mudflap fan, but due to the flare of the rear doors and fender wells they will catch a lot of debris with out them.

interior style and ergonomics, quadra-lift, off-road ability,

stone guard improvement on the rear doors and fender wells, luggage rack bars should be included not an after purchase option.