Used 2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews - 141 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

[non-permissible content removed]
By johnoyed

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

5 time jeep owner, Lease 2011 jeep Grand Cherokee Overland. Warning lights start blinking , Hard time starting, rear cam doesn't work. They say its the mother board. Under warranty- Great!!. BUTTTTTTT it will take 2 weeks to get it and they will not give me a free rental. I'm paying lease, insurance, garage on a car that is out of commission for 2 weeks because of warrantied parts and they want me to pay for rental car. So i guess a warranty doesn't mean anything. Last time having a jeep.

Great SUV
By firsttimejeep

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my GC for two years and 26K and absolutely love it.
Have had no issues with it.
I have a lot of vehicles in 45 years but this is my favorite.
Can't wait to buy the new model in 2017 or so.

I've had 2 BMW X5s and like the GC much better.

KEY NOT DETECTED MESSAGE/KEY LOCK IN CAR DETECTION DONT ALWAYS WORK
By kkfoster54

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I have been having problems with the key not detected message which is happening quite often, I thought it may be the key battery.
I switched keys (spare) and its doing the same thing.
I was thinking it was the key battery at first, but when I switched keys after a while it started doing the same thing so I dont think its the battery.
I have to try anything and everything to get my car to crank.
The problem seems to be getting worse, I hope I dont get stranded.
Also I have accidently locked myself out the car a few times and the car lock key feature works when it wants to, the key was in the console or my purse in the passenger seat less than 2 ft and it still locks.

Favorite features is the Uconnect phone feature, the keyless entry and push start if they worked correctly which is what made me trade my old jeep in for the new version. The car key lock feature if it worked correctly. I also like the heated seats, and the backup detection and the remote start (my most favorite).

This is my 3rd Jeep, I would like to see more head room, I'm tall and bump my head all the time getting in the car and so does my passengers. I'd like to see a blind spot mirror, to see the cars better when changing lanes, the safety feature that beeps if you get too close is not that safe, it's almost too late. I'd like to see Jeep car manufacture to get the key not dectection message fixed, and the car key locked feature working like it should. Why put them in the car, if they don't work right. Other than that, I like my Jeep, this may be the last time I buy one. I don't know about the newer Jeeps. My 1994 Jeep was a really good year compared to the my 2006 and 2011 Jeep.

Terrible Seats!
By terps02

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

After driving the Jeep Grand Cherokee for 8 months, my right leg started to go numb.
I closely analyzed the situation and determined that the front seat doesn't line up properly with the pedals and the steering wheel.
The brake pedal is too far to the left and it forces you to cross your right leg too far to the left when braking.
Further, your body is always at about a 10 degree angle to the left from center because everything doesn't line up properly.
I now have to sit on pillows to force my body to the left to feel centered in the seat.
I will have to sell the car as a result of this.

Not all it's hyped up to be...JGC 2012 5.7L Overland 4x4
By jreworld

2011 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (3.6L 6cyl 5A)

I've had my JGC over 2.5 years, and although I enjoy the vehicle most of the time, I cannot recommend it due to it's numerous issues. The front sway bar bushings wore out last month. How is this possible on a relatively new vehicle? This weekend my check engine light came on again and the MDS is not working. I had this happen two years ago, and the end result was a bad cylinder valve that left me without a car for several weeks. If it's the same issue again, I'm done. Going foreign again. I've had more issues with this car than my last 10 vehicles combined. I wanted so much for Jeep to succeed, but even if you put lipstick on a pig, it's still a pig. Buyer beware.