Used 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Consumer Reviews - 88 Car Reviews | Edmunds

Consumer Reviews

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

First Time Jeep Owner and Loving It!
By Ashley S.

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is my first SUV and my first Jeep and I must say I am truly pleased so far. I've had it almost 3 weeks now and it is exactly what I was looking for. It drives smooth, has good pickup, and has some really great features. I got one with 16k mileage with the Xpackage for an awesome deal! I saw on some of the other models that people left reviews for that they had a problem with water leaking, I drove mine in torrential downpour last night with no problem. I looked at many different kinds of SUV's before choosing this one and I am fully satisfied with my choice. Comfortable, roomy, fun to drive, and an overall great SUV.

Steering wheel controls, mine came with remote start which is a great feature to have, heated seats, overall interior appearance is very nice, computer personal programming, satellite radio, so many to name!

Of course every SUV could use better gas mileage. It says 15 highway on my window sticker, I've been getting around 16.5 mpg, not too bad, but some SUV's get around 20. Locking gas cap would be better too. Other than that can't think of any complaints, great SUV for your buy!

3rd Jeep
By jd

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

What's the Caddy commercial say about returning the favor? Yes! My JGC definitely returns the favor! Nice ride, fun to drive and the 4.7L has great pick-up. Haven't tried the E85 yet - so can't comment on performance/mileage there. Now that gas prices are down - my purchasing a V8 in June when gas was near $4 doesn't look so stupid. How are people complaining about gas mileage in these reviews? You saw what the EPA estimates were when you bought it - as long as you're not getting worse mileage than EPA estimates, how can you rate gas mileage as poor? I'm consistently getting a couple of more mpg in comparison to EPA estimates. Got 21mpg on 600 mile highway trip recently.

MyGig rocks as do the Boston Acoustic Speakers and Sirius. Nav is great, back-up camera.

Blue Tooth. Documentation says my phone is supported, but it's been unreliable at best. Haven't tried another phone yet. Bring the Saddle Brown leather seats into the Limited. I just couldn't justify the add'l $ for Overland considering you're not getting much more than is on the Limited.

Life after Land Rovers
By Tom2008

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

Have had 3 Land Rovers (2 Disco, 1 LR3) Had almost bought a Commander before the last Land Rover. I couldn't pass up on the deals this time. Need power to pull my 22' boat and the Hemi makes you forget the boat is still there. The leather is nice, but the plastics in the interior are not as nice as Land Rover. My kids both have the old Cherokees (1999 & 2000) and still love them.

Hemi

Interior materials (plastics)although the leather is nice.

The 08 NOISE!
By Chris

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

This is our second Laredo, having purchased one brand new in 98, that we now use as a third vehicle and for the kids to use. Our new one: after driving it for week, we noticed this noise coming from the back of the engine when the radio and everything was off, except the car itself. It is a very annoying noise, clicking sound. We took it back. They pulled another 08 off the lot into the service garage and had us listen to it. It had the same noise! Nothing wrong and nothing they can do about it. Probably would not have purchased an 08 had we heard this before hand. And it says 4wd, when its actually full time awd.

Nice ride and 4wd.

FIX the NOISE, and the mpg for a 6 cyl at only 19mpg on the hwy with cruise set at 65mph!!! 16 in town! POOR!!

Fun and good value, but???
By Achilles

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SUV Limited 4dr SUV 4WD (4.7L 8cyl 5A)

I agree with everyone, it is a fun vehicle, and the 4.7l v8 is a thrill! I bought 2 Rocky mountain models, both with the 4.7's. My problem has been quality and Chrysler. One door had 1/4" drop, and the instrument cluster blistered. Chrysler llc's support and dealer support are non existent. After great hassle they have had the vehicle for > 36 days, and > 6 attempts. Worst part is that they have since caused more damage than if I had hit a deer. Bottom line is it is a really fun vehicle... But quality is questionable, and support of product is non existent! Hope this helps buyers find things before purchase.