Used 2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Consumer Reviews - 91 Car Reviews | Edmunds

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee

View reviews for a specific Grand Cherokee model:

Happy
By jose m.

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

Just purchase our Jeep G. Cherokee after driving a J. Cherokee Classic 2000 for about 7 years. Very nice upgrade and lot of interior room compare to our old Jeep. We are very happy and so far so good in gas mileage.

Dashboard features, very easy to reach everything while driving. Lots of power for towing.

Too bad we don't have a radio tuner on the steering wheel. It's not a must have it feature but would it be nice to have it.

What a beast!
By JYSRT8

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee SRT-8 4dr SUV 4WD (6.1L 8cyl 5A)

Got rid of my 2006 Infiniti M45 Sport, (definitely not a Minnesota winter car) for SRT Jeep. Lots of fun to drive, even in the winter. Awesome acceleration, turns heads!

420 HP HEMI!!! Aggressive looks.

MyGig needs to be more reliable & user friendly

Very Nice for the Price
By Steve

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV 4WD (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I recently traded my old car in because I needed a vehicle with a trailer hitch. I had looked at many different vehicles, and none had everything I wanted. This Jeep is perfect for me. I got a well equipped Laredo 4WD model with the Red Rock Crystal Pearl paint, and black interior. The color is awesome! It drives smooth and it has a lot of power. The build quality feels very good. I love the sun and sound package which has a power sunroof and the 6 CD and satellite upgraded radio. Overall, for the decent price, it is a great car.

Sun and Sound package, towing capability, Interior and ride comfort. The tiptronic automatic transmission is pretty cool also.

Add some more interior accents in the rear of the Laredo model. Other than that, nothing.

MY 2008 JGC IS GREAT!
By RON

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Laredo 4dr SUV (3.7L 6cyl 5A)

I bought my JGC in Aug of 08 and have now had it 6 mos and put 14,000+ on it. The ONLY problem I have had is to replace the RF window regulator. When I picked it up it had no problems for warranty repair and none since til the regulator. Drives great and gets up 26 mpg on the hwy and 18 to 22 in town. The roof, due to the sunroof, is too low, but otherwise I love it. The only other problem: the reset for the trip computer is on the steering wheel and is too easy to accidentally hit getting in or out and you inadvertantly reset it without knowing it! Put the reset on the dash. So far, it has no rattles or odd noises. This is my 3rd Jeep and by far the best. Good acceleration.

Radio channel changer and volume controls on the steering wheel.

Put trip computer reset on dash. Too eash to accidentally reset it on steering wheel.

Better than Lexus
By TDWright

2008 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overland 4dr SUV 4WD (5.7L 8cyl 5A)

I traded my 07 Lexus ES for the 08 Overland and have no regrets. It handles great, awesome acceleration, and solid in the snow. Interior is just as nice as the Lexus. Black exterior with chrome is a strong combination. HEMI is the way to go, but plan on 16 mpg overall. No issues with the sound system or nav.

HEMI acceleration, interior and exterior style. Rear heated seats.

Nav system not as logical as Lexus.